Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Traitor Item questions & tips
Most people don't know that the sleepy pen is EXTEMELY useful if you are a geneticist/chaplain (yes im a guy who does not grab an artbox. woah!)

If you can get some refills of chems that make people pass out, (halopedroil in medbay and bo jack daniels in the bar) you can be an effective killing machine. pen, wait a little, drag to enzymer/cremator for quick and easy kills.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:One thing about Detomatix Cartridges that is criminally underused is the fact that you can still use the Bomb program after you're out of Missiles. With a quick stop at the Carty Party and/or stealing some PDAs, you can copy/paste your way to multiple quick, dirty, little explosives. When you huck a pipe bomb at someone, they run. When you throw a PDA at them, they usually don't.
The timer on that bomb is criminally short though, like, holy fuck. I think it only exists to kill people the first time they use the fucking thing.

The timer on that bomb is 0.5 seconds. Enough time to chuck the PDA at someone if you pressed BOMB while already in throw mode.
Bar the hints that were already stated..

Denomatrix cartridge, insert it in, scan for peeps, activate and minimize the window and drag the window to the up-right corner. Put it on your belt slot. You don't have to take it out to take out your people, you can literally blow people up while walking. Denomatrixing the AI will temporary disrupt him

If you're a detective, combine the powersink plus the stun rounds you can get in the GM. With your thermals you can hunt in the dark and people can't hunt you. Smash them red alert lights. Pretty devastating, and is something I do often when mindslaved hos with thermals is turn off the lights off in the room. But with the detective this works very well. If your not the detective, then murder him for his thermals.

Something I have done with many surprise weapons, that's derringers and stuff similar, is smoke a joint, murder someone, then lie on the floor beside them and scream for help on the radio. It'll come out as Sundance stammers (due to the fact you're stoned) "HEEELLLPPP" and more often than not people will come faster to your aid (and faster into the trap) than if you were to say it without a stammer

Syndicate cig's are fantastic for getting rid of bodies.

The cloaking field generator is really good for assault as well as mischief. Example is once I activated one outside chemistry in space as a miner and spaced all the chemists by the simple fact they couldn't see me.

I can confirm with the boost that the derringer pistol is fantastic now at taking out security officers. It works particularly well in wasd mode due the fact you can ctrl+w it out.

Dna scrambler is hilarious for changing the ID of someone else rather than yourself, for example the captain.
Knocking someone out and DNA scrambling them is an amazing way to fuck with them.
Sundance Wrote:Denomatrixing the AI will temporary disrupt him

Wait, I thought you couldn't Detomatrix the AI? One round I got a shitton of Deto cartridges, and after I blew up every PDA on the station, I tried to hit the AI. I kept getting PDA messages back from the AI saying "Nice Try" and "Give it a rest already".
Oh I have a question about the duct tape that comes outta surplus crates. What are the specifics of it? Like what can you do and how long do they take to get off when you use em as handcuffs?
Captain_Bravo Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Denomatrixing the AI will temporary disrupt him

Wait, I thought you couldn't Detomatrix the AI? One round I got a shitton of Deto cartridges, and after I blew up every PDA on the station, I tried to hit the AI. I kept getting PDA messages back from the AI saying "Nice Try" and "Give it a rest already".

haha.
Maybe it's been changed since last time I was AI because I got pda bomb'd and I was unable to see similarly to be knocked unconscious.
KikiMofo Wrote:Oh I have a question about the duct tape that comes outta surplus crates. What are the specifics of it? Like what can you do and how long do they take to get off when you use em as handcuffs?
they are basically handcuffs that are a huge pain in the ass to get out of (70 seconds). plus they are pretty much infinite. useful for trapping that guy you stunned but haven't quite finished off yet.
Lavastage Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Oh I have a question about the duct tape that comes outta surplus crates. What are the specifics of it? Like what can you do and how long do they take to get off when you use em as handcuffs?
they are basically handcuffs that are a huge pain in the ass to get out of (70 seconds). plus they are pretty much infinite. useful for trapping that guy you stunned but haven't quite finished off yet.

You can't use them as a muzzle can you?
KikiMofo Wrote:
Lavastage Wrote:

yes... oh yes you can! i think you do that by targeting the face/head
Shoddy Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:
Lavastage Wrote:they are basically handcuffs that are a huge pain in the ass to get out of (70 seconds). plus they are pretty much infinite. useful for trapping that guy you stunned but haven't quite finished off yet.

yes... oh yes you can! i think you do that by targeting the face/head

Ah good. I thought you could. That is more useful than I thought duct tape was.
Sonic grenades are great for making crystal glass shards.

The bible is great for hiding items, it can even hold the shotgun.

PDA bombs are my favourite weapon. Bombing a corpse as it is being put into the cloner will gib it and wreck genetics. It can also take out pods. Even if your target is smart enough to turn off PDA messaging, wait until someone who hasn't walks past!

Use stimulants just as the escape shuttle docks the station and you're going to have a fun time.
Conor12 Wrote:The bible is great for hiding items, it can even hold the shotgun.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Looks like The Monsignor is coming to town. Vaya Con Dios, motherfuckers.
Syndicate pipebomb + mousetrap = a syndicate pipebomb you can use in various funny traps.

Hide it in a bush, wait for someone to step in, or just push them

throw it in a backpack, tell security you found traitor gear in the backpack.

Heck, you could probably even label a backpack "GUNS" and then throw the armed mousetrap+bomb inside.

Mail it to security and wait for the boom.

Also you can substitute pipebomb for a grenade as well.
Most people just detonate all the active PDAs they can with a Detomatrix right away. Used this way, it's actually a fairly weak item. But, it does make for a very cheap, easily concealed weapon if used correctly.

If your target has their PDA on, you can detonate it to get an immediate upper hand in combat. Blow up their PDA, then finish them off with a fire extinguisher. Make sure you stand a safe distance away when you do this. The best part is, if you just have the PDA interface up, they'll never even know it was you if you have to abort the attack, for any reason.

It can also be used if you need to be sure a body isn't cloned. Kill them, then detonate their PDA. This will gib their body, ensuring a permanent kill.