Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicate Shutle Boarding
Spy_Guy Wrote:Go the full mile. Give him the Wendigo King's moveset and attitude against non-syndicates (and since the teleporter remote only works if you stand on the pad when using it, he'd be stuck guarding the shuttle without causing the station any trouble.

Have on guy lay down on the pad, another pulls Von Braun onto the pad, The first one stands up, and activates the remote. Chaos Ensues. v
Spy_Guy Wrote:
mozi Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:IMO knowing where the shuttle is at all is metagaming. The only way the crew should be able to reach the shuttle is if they follow a syndie pod to it.

Why don't they just give the syndicates a pet that defends the shuttle but can't be transported to the station?

give Von Braun the aggressive psycho monkey AI from way back in the day

Go the full mile. Give him the Wendigo King's moveset and attitude against non-syndicates (and since the teleporter remote only works if you stand on the pad when using it, he'd be stuck guarding the shuttle without causing the station any trouble.
Hand Tele
Hand tele doesn't work on that Z-level
Even so, Von Braun going ape shit on the station would be a walk in the park compared to the drones you can warp in.
If you know for a fact that the syndicates have the disk, going to the shuttle to get it back is fine. Otherwise, stay the fuck away. That means no boarding it, no laying in wait right outside the satellite, no walling it off, nothing.
I think this issue is as simple as "Don't be shit"

There is a huge difference between rushing to the syndicate Satellite as QM at the first notice of nuke agents and walling it off or whatever terrible thing. Versus being the captain who just woke up in med-bay and is missing the disk so he takes a pod, some EVA gear, and maybe some backup to the satellite hoping it isn't too late to stop the nuke.

If you need to ask "should I be doing this" then don't do it then you probably shouldn't be.
I said this in another thread but the syndicates should have to bring the nuke to the station and bonk it with the disk.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Wizard shuttle does not have windows. Wizard shuttle has special walls which are impossible to break down, because the coders specifically made it impossible for jackasses to break onto the wizard shuttle. A non-wizard cannot use the teleport scroll, even if you put on the wizard robes and hat, it does not work.
Did they change that recently?
Because a month or so ago I did exactly that.
We were attacked by three wizards, I killed one, put on his rob and everything, grabbed his scroll and teleported to the wiz shuttle, there I threw some pipe bombs and blew up the other wizards.
The teleport scroll can be used by anyone, it requires the robe and hat at least. A few days ago I took the clothes and the scroll from a wizard, went to the shuttle and hid.

When the other wizard came back to heal I jumped out, tased him, copiously farted on him, gave him some epi and slapped him with a patch... and then everyone was teleported to the lava because some admin had prepared a surprise murderzone and the wizard adminhelped to go ahead that he was dead. Way to go, wizard.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:
Spy_Guy Wrote:Go the full mile. Give him the Wendigo King's moveset and attitude against non-syndicates (and since the teleporter remote only works if you stand on the pad when using it, he'd be stuck guarding the shuttle without causing the station any trouble.

Have on guy lay down on the pad, another pulls Von Braun onto the pad, The first one stands up, and activates the remote. Chaos Ensues. v

Give the syndies a macho man and code him so if they try to pull him onto the pad he rips their legs off