Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicate Shutle Boarding
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:IMO knowing where the shuttle is at all is metagaming. The only way the crew should be able to reach the shuttle is if they follow a syndie pod to it.

Why don't they just give the syndicates a pet that defends the shuttle but can't be transported to the station?

To me, once you've been attacked and killed a syndie to have the items necessary, in a ~RP~ standpoint it'd make sense if the remote told you where to go.
Klayboxx Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:IMO knowing where the shuttle is at all is metagaming. The only way the crew should be able to reach the shuttle is if they follow a syndie pod to it.

Why don't they just give the syndicates a pet that defends the shuttle but can't be transported to the station?

To me, once you've been attacked and killed a syndie to have the items necessary, in a ~RP~ standpoint it'd make sense if the remote told you where to go.

Much like how a contemporary garage door opener or car key directs you to the door or car respectively? Weird choice given that they do have a thing with a flashing red arrow pointing to the disk on them...

That being said, forced ignorance for RP sucks, however I'd say that beating the syndies to the satellite sucks more.
Supercops are the worst.
Yeah I totally agree Spy_Guy, I personally wouldn't go to the shuttle until they've gotten a disk but IMO it shouldn't be something that is against the rules. You could potentially set up a fun gimmick to do with the syndies when they come back to find that you've transformed their shuttle into a maze of walls and false walls, and that you've hidden crowd dispersal grenades, metal foam grenades, and foam grenades under all those inconspicuous boxes.

I also agree about that forced ~RP~ ignorance is dumb, I was just making something stupid up because he claimed it was metagaming.
Boarding the shuttle is just part of the shittery concerning metagaming in a nuke round.

One instance was someone had r-walled the syndicate sat so they can't go back in.
It's exactly that kind of "Play To Win" bullshit that pisses me off. Who gives a fuck if the syndicate nuke the station? The fun is in defending the disc against the Syndicate onslaught. If you are so fucking bound and determined to win at all costs that you grab a taser and hide in a locker on the syndicate shuttle, you're a terrible human being. Period. P.S. who gives a fuck if the syndicate are better-armed, we all know that stunning someone in this game is practically a guaranteed death sentence. If I'm a syndicate popping through the teleporter with full armor and a revolver, and you're some chucklefuck on the other side with a taser and a fire extinguisher waiting to ambush me, I'm going to die. Period. The only thing that trying to take the disc at that points gets you is another however-fucking-long-it-takes-to-call-the-shuttle of gameplay, and the knowledge that you are a shitheel who managed to ambush one player. In my honest opinion, nobody should be heading to the syndicate shuttle at all. If you wanna lay traps, or barricades, or surprise people, get the fukkin' disc and set your trap on the station. Metagaming to Play To Win is just retarded.
Your fun isn't the only possible type of fun anyone can ever do. Maybe some people think it's fun to get the disk BACK from the syndicate? Maybe some people think it's fun to go on the syndicate shuttle and set up a trap? Don't go all QQ because someone doesn't agree with you, and especially don't strawman since it just makes your argument seem dumb.

Although I agree that sitting in a locker with a taser waiting for someone to come through it is pretty lame, if the guy got a card and a remote then they shouldn't be told not to. I'm not saying you should be able to do anything you want to the shuttle, but fighting them while still making it possible for them to overcome you (not rwalling the nuke or the satellite, that is just awful.) then it should be fair game. Why should the syndicate have a safe place when none of the other antags do?
This thread has given me a great idea for a gimmick next time I'm a syndie.
Washingmachine Corp #3:"Hello crew, we've decided to play a little game. We have placed a syndicate teleporter at the chapel. Come to us, armed, there will be one of in each room, but which one has the nuke disk? You have 10 minutes."
Klayboxx Wrote:Why should the syndicate have a safe place when none of the other antags do?

Wizard Shuttle.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:Why should the syndicate have a safe place when none of the other antags do?

Wizard Shuttle.
Can't you still break in the windows, though? Also, the entry mechanism is the same. They use an item specific to them (teleporter remote + agent card, teleport scroll + robes) to get into the heart of the base. If anyone has those items, they get in as easily as the antag in question.

give Von Braun the aggressive psycho monkey AI from way back in the day
Wizard shuttle does not have windows. Wizard shuttle has special walls which are impossible to break down, because the coders specifically made it impossible for jackasses to break onto the wizard shuttle. A non-wizard cannot use the teleport scroll, even if you put on the wizard robes and hat, it does not work. And the wizard shuttle doesn't even have nifty shit you can steal like rocket launchers and the military PDA. It was specifically designed to be impenetrable to your bog-standard dumbass, and they didn't even go as far as sticking it on a hidden Z-level like the syndicate shuttle is. Come on.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Wizard shuttle does not have windows. Wizard shuttle has special walls which are impossible to break down, because the coders specifically made it impossible for jackasses to break onto the wizard shuttle. A non-wizard cannot use the teleport scroll, even if you put on the wizard robes and hat, it does not work. And the wizard shuttle doesn't even have nifty shit you can steal like rocket launchers and the military PDA. It was specifically designed to be impenetrable to your bog-standard dumbass, and they didn't even go as far as sticking it on a hidden Z-level like the syndicate shuttle is. Come on.

Difference being the wizards don't have to steal something from the station and bring it back to their shuttle. The only time they go back there is if they die and have that second chance spell, and if someone was waiting there to murder them at that point, it would be absolutely fucked up.

btw does the wizard shuttle still have the shutters? I remember the first time I was a wizard I walked right out of them and nearly died.
"Klayboxx Wrote:btw does the wizard shuttle still have the shutters? I remember the first time I was a wizard I walked right out of them and nearly died.
Yeah, you have to open them with the computer. though I have no idea why you would ever want to open them, you will just let the non wiz people in and you don't really have a space suit. its only operable from the inside and you can just phase shift, worthless imo.
The shutters are there so that people who don't know there's the inky blackness of space on the other side can commit accidental suicide. Normally, I'm against things like that, but since I find it utterly hilarious I can't bring myself to gripe about it. Nothing is better than the round starting, and then immediately ending with "The wizard's dark ritual has been stopped!"
mozi Wrote:

give Von Braun the aggressive psycho monkey AI from way back in the day

Go the full mile. Give him the Wendigo King's moveset and attitude against non-syndicates (and since the teleporter remote only works if you stand on the pad when using it, he'd be stuck guarding the shuttle without causing the station any trouble.