Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
security's uniform stinks
Lainge Wrote:What?

I think all the uniforms look cooler with no backpack or armor over them. some of them have details underneath, like the security jumpsuit having buttons and the genetics jumpsuit having an 'X' on the back.
There's something to be said for their helmets. The officers look more authoritarian when their distinguishing features are obscured. It also invokes dystopian sci-fi like Equilibrium where the fun-police are always faceless goons. Of course, that isn't necessarily a good thing or even the intended effect here.
Hm, an optional flip up visor would be nice for the helmets.

Also, for those not in the know, the security unifrom without armor/backpack is a really fancy coat, with white buttons. Not any coat, mind you, but the fancy ones with about six buttons (I think?).
It looks pretty cool .
Chike101 Wrote:Also, for those not in the know, the security unifrom without armor/backpack is a really fancy coat, with white buttons. Not any coat, mind you, but the fancy ones with about six buttons (I think?).
It looks pretty cool .
i've seen the buttons and they are the ugliest things. If i lose my armor, i always go naked rather than wear the silly buttons. Makes the uniform look like long johns *retch

Quote:Hm, an optional flip up visor would be nice for the helmets.

This, though. This is amazing. Being able to flip your visor up emphatically when you're about to give a ticket to someone is just too cool sounding.
I say we add all the requested uniforms and just have a random set spawn in sec, or give the HOS the ability to choose which uniform sec would wear that round.
What are we, the fashion police?
Chike101 Wrote:
Quote:Hm, an optional flip up visor would be nice for the helmets.

This, though. This is amazing. Being able to flip your visor up emphatically when you're about to give a ticket to someone is just too cool sounding.

Oh god, I can just imagine it.

A sec officer climbs off his segway to approach a grey shirt he just stunned. He flips up the visor as he shakes his head and sighs, only to fart on him while the ticket prints out.

Then the sec officer flips it back down as he starts to climb back on the segway, only to get shoved down as a random botanist drives away with it.
epicdwarf Wrote:I say we add all the requested uniforms and just have a random set spawn in sec, or give the HOS the ability to choose which uniform sec would wear that round.
Quote:Centcom Announcement: So uhhh.. One of our unpaid interns mixed all the security uniforms with the whites, and now all the uniforms are pink, so uh... Officers should wear them until further notice.

I would laugh so hard at that.
i'd rather wear a pink jumpsuit or a party princess uniform than the current sec outfit
Combine Sunglasses and helmets, and maybe do cool future cop things with that.

e.g Flip down shades provide protection from bright light, but also tell you what someones current arrest status is (but not why, requiring the pda be used to check). Maybe they impede vision in darker areas, so there's a reason to flip them up and down besides "Back to business".

e.g Dumb Pubbie flips down their helmet shades, Justice Mode engaged.

I don't know what kind of cool name you could use to announce it though.
I'm all for a new security outfit but I'd really enjoy it staying in a red scheme.
MyBlueCorners Wrote:
Lainge Wrote:What?

I think all the uniforms look cooler with no backpack or armor over them. some of them have details underneath, like the security jumpsuit having buttons and the genetics jumpsuit having an 'X' on the back.
Is the X a joke about how genetics usually gets killed by traitors not wanting cloning to be operational?
Look, redshirts for Security is a SS13 staple. I say don't change the color...

BUT

That being said the current outfit does look goofy and I've never liked those style of swat helmets, besides... if security is just keeping the peace shouldn't those helmets and such be in the Armory along with the rest of the riot gear?

Here is my suggestion, something like this. Still red but a little better looking and with a belt and uniform boots. And go ahead and ditch the body armor and helmet until they're needed.

[Image: uniform.gif]
Skunkrocker Wrote:Look, redshirts for Security is a SS13 staple. I say don't change the color...

BUT

That being said the current outfit does look goofy and I've never liked those style of swat helmets, besides... if security is just keeping the peace shouldn't those helmets and such be in the Armory along with the rest of the riot gear?

Here is my suggestion, something like this. Still red but a little better looking and with a belt and uniform boots. And go ahead and ditch the body armor and helmet until they're needed.

[Image: uniform.gif]

Wouldn't the lack of body armor and helmet just make security easier to murder.

Like you don't even need a gun, just knock them in the head with a fire extinguisher and call it a day.
flip up visors and call it a day.

i like the current security uniform, looks pretty sweet with the armor and backpack off