Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
security's uniform stinks
look at dis fukken nerd.
[Image: w04SMAP.png]

the old redsuits were ignoble enough but now sec has to look like some doofus whose sleeves and pants are too short? and I'm sick of the helmet and the way it covers up your face which is like.. the only thing that distinguishes one 2d spacefarter from another

no one likes to play sec. is it because you get griefed, or because you lower your chances at being an antagonist, or having to deal with the wails of waaaah shitsec?? no, it's the shitty uniforms!!! as an experiment on LLJK #2 I promised in pregame that I would provide sec cool uniforms and hey sec was completely full of recruits that round. (the uniforms were psychadelic hats/shorts, a very dapper look) control group pshaw this experiment proves everything I said to be true.

no one even has to sprite new uniforms!! there are some unused uniform sprites that would be much better replacements. consider:

[Image: XkrCtDF.png] beat cop blue
[Image: RSuyFqT.png] classic khaki
[Image: gQ1WQ7W.png] paul fart: mall cop

also instead of dorky, cumbersome helmets that cover up your face and don't actually do much I suggest pretty much anything else for headgear
[Image: rx7kq0W.png]
examples: bobby's helmet, do-rag, beret, mailman's hat
i agree that security needs some better uniforms. however plain colored jumpsuits are kind of bad for replacing the current one because there is no real way to know if that person is security. on the helmet: the visor needs to be removed.... or we could give them some kind of funky inspector javert hats.

also the helmet looks dumb, it's like a dirt bike helmet.
I disagree entirely, the main advantage to an officer walking into carnage is knowing who your buddies are when you walk in

Other than colours though I guess the sprites could use a touchup!
mozi Wrote:as an experiment on LLJK #2 I promised in pregame that I would provide sec cool uniforms and hey sec was completely full of recruits that round. (the uniforms were psychadelic hats/shorts, a very dapper look) control group pshaw this experiment proves everything I said to be true.
As part of the control group, I fully support this. Especially these two:

mozi Wrote:[Image: RSuyFqT.png] classic khaki
[Image: gQ1WQ7W.png] paul fart: mall cop
I'm not gonna lie, if I see a guy without red uniform running around with a taser at his belt and a baton in his hand shooting at an assistant who may or may not have done something wrong, it's shoot first check for ID later.
the red is really catching and the helmet+armor strikes the eye as "Security force." It definitely distinguishes them from the rest of the crew as they're the only ones in red; meaning that there's no confusing who you're dealing with.

That said, i always switch from the new uniforms to the old one in the lockers. I like being red as security, but i hate the short sleeves and pants or whatever :c
I think the security uniform is mostly good as it is. I cannot imagine security outside of a red uniform. One thing I could suggest could be making the sleeves shorter?

Also, something I've been thinking about for a while. You know those silly wool caps that only I use? Instead of those, there could be red Garrison and/or Patrol caps. They would make security look sexy as fuck.
I'm pretty sure the redshirt thing is a star trek joke.

Because security officers are probably going to die faster.

The problem with changing the uniform is that there aren't a whole lot of colors that work as cop colors.

Roboticists already get black suits. (it's also really easy to fake a roboticist costume, black uniform + labcoat)

Cyan for tourists (which are available on the station almost never, and are always universely hated by the crew for some reason), even though I think a hawaiian shirt and shorts would be much better and more insulting for tourists.

I think a generic cop outfit would probably work much better, maybe repurpose the mailman outfit as a cop suit but recolor it red to keep the star trek joke going.
Gotta agree with lainge on this one. The whole reason security have one color for the entire force is so that security can distinguish themselves recognize team-mates. Not only that, but traitors too ("oh fuck a swarm of red pigs, better flee")
It's not surprising then, when any of the officers go undercover, that it they are more likely to be fucked over by non-antagonists, people who just want to steal what they perceive as an already stolen gun.
That, and all of security is labelled red. Red just..works. So I gotta say no on the color change.

That said and out of the way, I WOULD LOVE to the ability to mix up uniform without sacrificing protection. I think out of all jobs, security needs customizability for their clothing, as they have to stick with red for the above reason, and their job is the most social of them all.
Similar to the HoS Beret, how about if you click the helmet, you can pull the visor up?
Clicking the armor unzips it, so that looks different, or you can stick stuff on your armor (recommend giving the HoS a box of badges, so he can stick a gold star on good behaved sec), or paint it?
And yeah, the short&sleeve combo looks a bit lame, and you rarely get to appreciate the actual sprite work done for the front as the armor is covering it (this could be fixed if you had that unzip'd armor). I'd recommend bringing the old suits back, but having the front still new.
oh god grammar mistakes everywhere. Damn lack of edit.
parker unk used to wear a bedsheet and a horse mask as sec and he was the fucking worst because he was essentially an undercover cop and would be a super gung-ho sec officer while not looking like one at all

what I'm saying is that red is a good colour for them because there are literally no other red uniforms and being able to distinguish sec from other people quickly is important when trying to avoid catching a baton to the end and having your round end 5 minutes in
The new uniforms are garbage so i just grab a regular redsuit from one of the lockers, a flat cap, and shades to reach maximum Heh.
Make all Sec uniforms pink. It sticks out more, and also would make them look more like the pigs they are. v
I think the new uniform actually looks cool! it's better when you don't have armor or a backpack on, though.
MyBlueCorners Wrote:better when you don't have armor or a backpack on, though.
What?