Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghoooost piiirates.
fuck ghost playhouse suggestions

fuck them forever

butt
We get it. You don't have to be rude about it.
On topic, letting ghost play around in their own z-lvl/VR(as long as they can't talk to living crew members) is a great idea! Maybe also let ghost spawn in non-secert items while in the ghost z-lvl?
Klayboxx Wrote:Reasons NOT to ever let ghosts do anything fun after death:

1: Shitlords will off themselves at the start of the round to go have fun, which is stupid as shit.
2: The place would have to be constantly rendered, further lagging the laggy server
3: Lag
4: Fuck these stupid fucking ghost activity suggestions, they are awful.

Yeah completely skim over the idea of ghosts being able to pay VR from my suggestion, no biggie.
Only that it would null all of your points.
Quote:1: Shitlords will off themselves at the start of the round to go have fun, which is stupid as shit.
They wouldn't do need to do this if it's just the VR
Quote:2: The place would have to be constantly rendered, further lagging the laggy server
Same as above
Quote:3: Lag
Same as above
Quote:4: Fuck these stupid fucking ghost activity suggestions, they are awful.
Unnecessary rudeness, chill your pants mr buttes.
Sundance Wrote:HOW ABOUT:
Instead, ghosts can access the VR.
When they spawn themselves, their appearance is randomized (or defaulted), they are given the name BOT #4 or BOT #8, etc, and they are unable to speak (or they can speak, but only other "bots" can hear it)
3 BIG Reasons why this would be AWESOME:
1.Gives ghosts something to do without the need for an extra area/lag
2.This would vastly increase VR's popularity, as even if there nobody else playing, there's a chance there would be bots there.
3.Would give the impression there's AI in the VR. "Man, that was a great game, although I wish the bots weren't so tough"
this idea is kinda cool
I'll admit, the bots in VR idea is the only successful 'Ghost Playhouse' I can imagine. It would make them more interesting, but the combat supplies would need to respawn/restock every once and a while due to the amounts of ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TAKING THEM AND KILLING EACHOTHER.

Possible fix: Vending machines with x99 of each VR combat item, that occasionally replinesh stock?
Sundance Wrote:farts

Being rude is what I do when I don't like stuff. Heh.
no to the VR idea. what's stopping the ghosts in the VR from interacting with actual people that decided to check out VR and blabbing about sensitive information?

also, dead people that decided to become pirates as ghosts would be pirate ghosts. ghost pirates are the ghosts of actual pirates. it's true because korn said so
Honestly, are you blind. Like, I don't repost something, but if people are constantly going to read something wrong, then well, your just asking for it
Here I highlighted the stuff for you to show you how this would work:
When they spawn themselves, their appearance is randomized (or defaulted), they are given the name BOT #4 or BOT #8, etc, and they are unable to speak (or they can speak, but only other "bots" can hear it)
2.This would vastly increase VR's popularity, as even if there nobody else playing, there's a chance there would be bots there.
3.Would give the impression there's AI in the VR. "Man, that was a great game, although I wish the bots weren't so tough"
Klayboxx Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:farts

Being rude is what I do when I don't like stuff. Heh.

This attitude is apparently not working out for you it would seem. :suicide:
Sundance Wrote:Honestly, are you blind. Like, I don't repost something, but if people are constantly going to read something wrong, then well, your just asking for it
Here I highlighted the stuff for you to show you how this would work:

yes, i am blind. thanks. it still stands: VR is a buggy piece of shit, so what's stopping people from being btek?
CaptainBravo Wrote:yes, i am blind. thanks. it still stands: VR is a buggy piece of shit, so what's stopping people from being btek?
Those were fixed. I haven't seen virtual folks outside VR recently, have you? I doubt ghosts would escape.

Not that I support this.
Conor12 Wrote:Those were fixed. I haven't seen virtual folks outside VR recently, have you? I doubt ghosts would escape.

Not that I support this.

that specific thing is fixed. from IRC(im pretty sure not more than a couple of weeks ago idk??):

Quote:[21:12] <&drsingh> vr is pretty buggy yea
[21:12] <&drsingh> most of vr is still running on mport code
I'm pretty sure you'd get people doing really complex shit to tell actual humans where their bodies are. I mean it's easy enough to figure it out with ghosts, just imagine how easy it would be with a mute person. I really wouldn't be surprised if I went into VR and saw a virtual detective surrounded by twelve 'bots' doing complex dance pieces trying to convey that they died in space near that one meteor that SORTA looks like spiderman
Klayboxx Wrote:I'm pretty sure you'd get people doing really complex shit to tell actual humans where their bodies are. I mean it's easy enough to figure it out with ghosts, just imagine how easy it would be with a mute person. I really wouldn't be surprised if I went into VR and saw a virtual detective surrounded by twelve 'bots' doing complex dance pieces trying to convey that they died in space near that one meteor that SORTA looks like spiderman

I was thinking this, but then they'd probably be shot to pieces for standing still as it is the thunderdome.
Sundance Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:I'm pretty sure you'd get people doing really complex shit to tell actual humans where their bodies are. I mean it's easy enough to figure it out with ghosts, just imagine how easy it would be with a mute person. I really wouldn't be surprised if I went into VR and saw a virtual detective surrounded by twelve 'bots' doing complex dance pieces trying to convey that they died in space near that one meteor that SORTA looks like spiderman

I was thinking this, but then they'd probably be shot to pieces for standing still as it is the thunderdome.

That's true.