Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghoooost piiirates.
A ghost pirate ship that you can access using the respawn command once dead. On the ghost pirate ship, you are considered dead for all intents and purposes, and the ship is on a restricted Z-level unable to interact with the regular levels in any way, barring admin shenanigans. You could respawn there an infinite amount of times, but as said before, you're still dead to the game.

The ghost pirate ship would be a much smaller-scale version of the ship, with many systems completely removed to keep the lag down (No APCs, just ghooooost maaagic) and several stations to experiment with. You could robust other ghost pirates, experiment with mixing cocktails, maybe even mix some chemicals; you just couldn't effect the actual station in any way. It'd give antsy dead players something to do besides shout in dead chat for the next 10-50 minutes, and let them practice their skills without putting anything in danger, so maybe next round they won't die like such a putz.

Plus, GHOOOOST PIIIRATES! Maybe they could show up in admin-events or one could get summoned by a traitor chaplain using telecrystals.
I would kind of like this.
It always makes me unhappy when the one time I get Science, I get murderized when I wanted to make new discoveries.
Amazing idea tbh, I always wanted an area to practice stuff when i'm dead
It needs a grim reaper-themed guardbuddy roaming the halls who shoots to kill.
I always thought ghosts should have access to their own VR thunderdome/basketball court
Ghost Slots.
There have been a lot of "ghost area" suggestions. I like the idea.
I think this kind of defeats the purpose of the ghost, When you are dead I interpret it as being out of the game unless you get revived and as such it should not be treated like a playground. If you want to play around with chemistry or fight in the thunder dome then you should do it while you are alive. I see no point in rewarding player death.
Preid Wrote:I think this kind of defeats the purpose of the ghost, When you are dead I interpret it as being out of the game unless you get revived and as such it should not be treated like a playground. If you want to play around with chemistry or fight in the thunder dome then you should do it while you are alive. I see no point in rewarding player death.
I support this and also the fact that no matter what you put in there it'll still cause lag. Especially if you let people run around with Chemistry.
HOW ABOUT:
Instead, ghosts can access the VR.
When they spawn themselves, their appearance is randomized (or defaulted), they are given the name BOT #4 or BOT #8, etc, and they are unable to speak (or they can speak, but only other "bots" can hear it)
3 BIG Reasons why this would be AWESOME:
1.Gives ghosts something to do without the need for an extra area/lag
2.This would vastly increase VR's popularity, as even if there nobody else playing, there's a chance there would be bots there.
3.Would give the impression there's AI in the VR. "Man, that was a great game, although I wish the bots weren't so tough"
Reasons NOT to ever let ghosts do anything fun after death:

1: Shitlords will off themselves at the start of the round to go have fun, which is stupid as shit.
2: The place would have to be constantly rendered, further lagging the laggy server
3: Lag
4: Fuck these stupid fucking ghost activity suggestions, they are awful.
what the fuck why would the lag be a problem since these people can still do even more activities as living people
Splatpope Wrote:what the fuck why would the lag be a problem since these people can still do even more activities as living people
Because it would be another Z-Level that would have to stay rendered, is what he said.
Just throw it on the same zlevel as thunderdome and make it so living people can't enter but ghosts can't leave/see through through the walls.
atomic1fire Wrote:Just throw it on the same zlevel as thunderdome and make it so living people can't enter but ghosts can't leave/see through through the walls.

Hi, just so you know, one reason we combined the thunderdome with the basketball area in VR because that Z-Level is actually getting full, and we love making telescience z-levels.