• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cocktail Suggestions Megathread!
Dauntasa Wrote:the Vomit Comet
toxic slurry
vodka
cryostylane
ice
meth

makes you vomit randomly, and every time you attempt to speak you will just spray a cone of vomit in front of you

Meateorite
bloody mary
toxic slurry
synthflesh
pepperoni
????

same as above, except you instead vomit gibs and blood

Yes. This sounds hilarious. And presents more possibilities for some sort of bizzare collusion between the barman and janitor.
Oh hey, this thread's alive again. I did toss the coders that second batch of cocktails a while back but I don't think it got noticed/added, so I might tinker with it a bit again now that it's in my memory and see if the almighty codemins see fit to add it.
Hey Daeren, if you're considering doing a second round of cocktails, please consider something that would add to bartending so much:

Garnishes
The bartender starts out with a crate of em' in the back. It contains:
>Cherrys
>Olives
>Lime, lemon and orange wedges
>Mint

Stuff that is in game, but can be used as garnish: Cream, Ice (the "chemical")
I can sprite these in a jiffy. I suppose they could be treated as a food item, and it would be a funny way to piss off the barman would be to run in and eat all of his garnishes. It could be an order-able item in QM, just like those other food crates.

Garnishes aren't really a ingredient to making a drink, bar mint for making a mojito. They're just added like an overlay to a glass, to make it look fancy. Pouring the chemical ice into a glass, the ice is visible inside the glass, so it could be coded exactly like the other garnishes, just as a simple overlay.

So simple glass overlays galore; if I sprite this, is it doable code-wise? Can the barman finally be.. classy?
Sundance Wrote:Hey Daeren, if you're considering doing a second round of cocktails, please consider something that would add to bartending so much:

Garnishes
The bartender starts out with a crate of em' in the back. It contains:
>Cherrys
>Olives
>Lime, lemon and orange wedges
>Mint

Stuff that is in game, but can be used as garnish: Cream, Ice (the "chemical")
I can sprite these in a jiffy. I suppose they could be treated as a food item, and it would be a funny way to piss off the barman would be to run in and eat all of his garnishes. It could be an order-able item in QM, just like those other food crates.

Garnishes aren't really a ingredient to making a drink, bar mint for making a mojito. They're just added like an overlay to a glass, to make it look fancy. Pouring the chemical ice into a glass, the ice is visible inside the glass, so it could be coded exactly like the other garnishes, just as a simple overlay.

So simple glass overlays galore; if I sprite this, is it doable code-wise? Can the barman finally be.. classy?

some of these could also be grown in botany, or maybe special ones not included in the crates, provided you can get the botanists to actually do shit for you. at the very least the citrus wedges should be able to be crafted by using a knife on the respective fruit.
I was suprised at the lack of Rum & Coke/Cuba Libre last time I was playing barkeep.

Rum + Cola = Rum and Coke (Rum and Cola if that's a copyright no-no.)
Rum + Cola + Lime Juice = Cuba Libre
Disregard above post.
I always wondered why the Soda's did'nt have their own combos. I want to mix my softdrinks and get Orange Rootbeer Float.

Also, why don't we have diet coke? At least have it able to be bought from the Soda Machines.
MedicInDisquise Wrote:Also, why don't we have diet coke? At least have it able to be bought from the Soda Machines.
This is the future, diet coke is a diet joke.

[Image: diet_coke_plus_fi.jpg]
Sewer water

all the soda machine beverages mixed together.

It's like an assistant version of bath salts. Maybe it doesn't really have any fun effects as a result.
atomic1fire Wrote:Sewer water

It's like an assistant version of bath salts. Maybe it doesn't really have any fun effects as a result.

Isn't that a hurricane IRL?
hatmadder Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Sewer water

When I mixed all the sodas at a buffet or fast food place I usually called it the Super Suds.
KikiMofo Wrote:
hatmadder Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:all the soda machine beverages mixed together.
When I mixed all the sodas at a buffet or fast food place I usually called it the Super Suds.
That's called a suicide around these parts.
=Bathtub Gin=
1x Gin + 1x Bath Salts
Description: This is swill. Just... swill. Swill.
Effect: Causes uncontrollable vomiting.

=Smelly Cat=
4x Vodka + 1x Cat Drugs
Description: This drink makes you wanna purrrrrrr.
Effect: Has "Meow" and "Hiss" effects like Cat Drugs, but not the flashy colors/hallucinations.

=Zombie Virus=
3x Triple Juice + 2x Vodka + 2x Capsacin + 1x Bitters + 1x Unstable Mutagen + 1x Flurosulfuric Acid
Description: You feel like dehumanizing yourself and facing to bloodshed!
Effect: Nothing. Won't turn you into a zombie.

=Mr. Roboto=
1x Bourbon + 1x Oil + 1x Nanomachines
Description: Confirmation: THIS DRINK IS DELICIOUS
Does not turn you into a cyborg. Gives you temporary robotic speech, but only while you're drunk. Also causes your robotic speech to be slurred, something that normally doesn't happen.

=Harvey Wallbanger=
1x Vodka + 1x Wine + 1x Orange Juice
Description: Mmm, delicious!
Effect: Nothing. Gets you drunk.

=Harvey Donkbanger=
1x Vodka + 1x Urine + 1x Orange Juice
Description: Dat's sick, innit?
Effect: gives "Chav"
Irish coffee is a tgstation thing, but why not.

Robust Coffee+ Milk (or some kind of cream derivative of milk) + sugar + Bo Jack daniels (I don't know if whiskey is a reagent, but why not)

Also Jack Daniels comes from tennessee, so basically this recipe might have problems in the sense department, because it doesn't make much sense but who cares.

unless of course Bo jack comes from space ireland.
Also the effect is nothing other than drunkenness, considering a fake irish accent attempted to be done in byond code would probaly be offensive to somebody (and on that note, I don't even know what a text representation of a irish accent would look like), and seeing leprechauns would be tasteless.