Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cocktail Suggestions Megathread!
So a little while back I decided to get some coding experience with BYOND for laffs. I wanted to do something simple at first, something that had a lot of examples already, so I could learn how to not ruin everything forever. Looking through the public release code, I saw a bunch of chemical recipes, and realized that I could use this opportunity to actually fix a problem that'd bugged me for a long time: the fact that bartenders couldn't mix cocktails for shit.

So, I made a bunch of cocktails with some new ingredients, and the public yelled at me for forgetting something as simple as gin and tonic and then rejoiced. There were a lot of follow-up suggestions, though, and a lot were interesting enough that I wanted to implement them, but that'd probably lead to an endless chain of suggestions, implementations, more suggestions, and so on until the proper coders rip my head off out of frustration. This thread's here to solve that problem! I'll keep it open until it dies out, we reach Too Many Cocktails, or the suggestions stop being good. Until then, feel free to suggest cocktails, liquors, and ingredients the barman should be able to play with.

A few ground rules/notes:

Most cocktails right now do not have any special effects beyond getting you various levels of drunk. The capability is there to give cocktails special effects, but we've been using it sparingly so far. There is a perpetually-kicked-around Favorite Food/Drink system in the works that might tie into cocktails later, though.

Please don't suggest things that would require an entire liquor cabinet and several dozen new ingredients to implement. Try to work off the ones we have already, or ingredients that, if added, would allow for a lot of new cocktails on their own (like tonic water).

I can't really guarantee everything suggested in here will be implemented. I don't know how much I can add before it becomes sprawling/unnecessary, some cocktails may be a bitch and a half to implement together because of how reagent combinations work, and some suggestions may just be really dumb.

Most cocktails I've been coding in are well established real-world ones, but a few have been references and other goofy shit. I think a smaller amount of more oddball cocktails makes them funnier and more interesting, but feel free to suggest them because I've already seen some great ones like Gin and Chronic.

That's it. Go nuts! [Image: Ct5T8wT.gif]
We need to be able to mix vodka and cola.
I suggested this in the SA thread, but I'll add on to it here:

Give Moonshine a shitload of special, awesome cocktails it can make which replicate chem effects. Or, basically, just make it so moonshine acts as a special reagent which can create a bunch of chems through normal bar ingredients. So mixing Moonshine with Motor Oil would make a combinaton of Space Lube and Acid, like in traitor cleaning grenades. Mixing Moonshine with charcoal gives you Black Powder, Moonshine and Cola gives you cryoxadone, etc.

This gives a traitor bartender a whole shitton of new options, but you can only make so much with it before you run out of moonshine. Easier to do a special bartender gimmick with mixed drinks since you no longer have to break into chemistry to mix up fun things. Not super powerful because it's just streamlining things a good chemist can do anyway, and there's a limited amount of them.

Also, Rum and Milk should give you the RR Martini. "The taste of milk and rum mingles in your mouth. You have never tasted anything so fine and sweet and good."
How about a cocktail where you mix flurosurfactant + (insert drink here) and get a bubbleing (drink)

When drank you just start throwing up constantly, doesn't really get you that drunk though.

Ill try to think of more hopefully better ideas
Whiskey Sour mix would open up all the "sour" cocktails.

Like Midori Sours. Yum.

Just have Whiskey Sour be an ingredient that adds "Sour" to the end of most liquors and cocktails? i guess
FLAMING MOE FLAMING MOE FLAMING MOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LkH-1JiA-E
poland spring Wrote:FLAMING MOE FLAMING MOE FLAMING MOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LkH-1JiA-E

Fire makes it BETTER
Some more base ingredients would be great

- Tequila
- white and red wine
- Tonic water
- Pineapple juice
- Stout

Could also introduce a Beer Vending Machine, with cans of Beepskybrau, Pisswasser and other vaguely funny names!!!
SHOOTING STAR:
-uquil
-bo jacks
-vodka
-some sort of super secret ingredient
This drink allows you to not only to get EXTREMELY drunk, but also fly through space without a jetpack.
epicdwarf Wrote:This drink allows you to not only to get EXTREMELY drunk, but also fart through space without a jetpack.

Fixed.
herpmcderp Wrote:We need to be able to mix vodka and cola.
Chike Cola? An actual game recognized drink? Support.
Rumham.

Rum+Ham=Rumham. Ham covered in rum, you can eat it to get drunk.
Could the thing where Bo Jack's makes female characters pass out be changed, maybe? It's kind of weird in a bad way. Honestly I always thought it was tied to alcohol resist but apparently not.

And I have no idea how it'd work but it'd be great if you could somehow add garnishes to mixed drinks. Imagine a clown martini with a fake nose in it.
ClockworkCupcake Wrote:Could the thing where Bo Jack's makes female characters pass out be changed, maybe? It's kind of weird in a bad way. Honestly I always thought it was tied to alcohol resist but apparently not.
Uh... it does it to male characters too. Everyone apart from the detective and the barman.
Do everything in your power to make these (goddamn awful) cocktails: http://venturestudies.com/ShuttCocktailsFinal.pdf