Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ammo limit on pod weapons
UrsulaMejor Wrote: Dear God No
"someone was a jerk with rarely seen thing"

"okay make that thing suck and all things related to it suck and you know what while we're at it remove the very concept of fun from the game and then hunt down anyone who ever played the fun game and kill them and burn the bodies and then when that is done we will walk into the fires ourselves happily knowing that as we burn the very memory of this game being fun will be eradicated from all time and space forever so that no one will ever again know what it is to have fun in ss13."
I don't see how making pods use ammo/energy to fire missiles/lasers is anti-fun. A person should need to watch how much power they have left, and it's their fault if they run out of power and stall the pod.
To expand on my previous idea, the goal is to make ammo unlimited but prevent constant barrages of shots from the more powerful weapons. This will not only add another element of depth to pod fights but would also discourage pods based shooting sprees without terribly nerfing those hard to get weapons.

When a weapon overheats and is locked on cool down, I recommend that there be a bright red "weapons are overheating!" message and then one of the following:
1. The "Fire Weapon" verb goes grey like wizard/changeling abilities until cool down period is over.
2. Weapons are simply deactivated (maybe a bit tedious).
3. There is no lock down at all, and every shot taken after overheating has an increased chance of blowing out your weapons systems and causing serious hull damage. For this option, there should also be a message indicating when weapons are completely cooled down.

I'm not sure if 3 is a terrible idea or an awesome idea, but it allows some flexibility for those willing to take the risk.
Wydamn Wrote:3. There is no lock down at all, and every shot taken after overheating has an increased chance of blowing out your weapons systems and causing serious hull damage. For this option, there should also be a message indicating when weapons are completely cooled down.
4. firing an overheated weapon causes them to randomly dump heat into your other subsystems which will begin exploding violently. Also add the ability to emergency eject systems from within the pod. Like you keep firing the guns and your comm system starts cooking so you have to eject it manually and get the hell away from it so that it won't shred your pod. Eventually there's nowhere for the heat to go other than the engine which cannot be ejected and destroys you and the pod in a glorious blast of nuclear fire.

this would prevent the current dumb thing of just sitting in one spot and creating a dumb wall of lasers that lasts as long as you have nothing better to do with your life than hit the fire weapons button, while also adding cool explosions and the ability to use vital chunks of your pod as unreliable makeshift explosives if you're a fucking lunatic
That sounds pretty fucking cool.
Referring to the round in question, can anyone get us a key of the person who did it, if they remember? It would help ALOT.
The name of the guy was Alex Cueva.
UrsulaMejor Wrote: Dear God No

^
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:Referring to the round in question, can anyone get us a key of the person who did it, if they remember? It would help ALOT.

I was the admin who called the shuttle. The guy in question was a legitimate traitor. He just got his hands on a very fun thing and decided to go crazy with it. Who wouldn't?