Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ammo limit on pod weapons
Today there was a round where a jerk sat around in a pod with rockets and destroyed the entire station, the communication terminals and just flew around for 90+ minutes blowing stuff up. It was extremely laggy and unfun, and an admin had to come in and call the shuttle because of this jerk. Maybe there should be an ammo limit on pod missiles, so people can't just sit in a pod forever shooting stuff.
having energy weapons run on their own separate erebite or cerenkite battery source while kinetic weapons need ammunition loaded in would be cool. also it would be up to standard with everything else in the game. advanced lasers need to recharge. shotguns and RPG launchers need to be reloaded. why do the most heavily armored things in the game get a pass to have infinite ammo?
Alright! I'll deal with that sometime soon.
Wasn't there supposed to be a fuel/energy system to limit Pod operation time? And if you keep weapons online you'll drain fuel faster?
fun over
I was under the assumption that the power draw from ballistic weapons included a mini fabricator cranking out more ammo for it. Why else would a pair of shotguns draw as much power as a pair of lasers?
Shotguns, lasers and other stuff like that barely come out enough (or get abused enough) to warrant a nerf.

The guy who blew up the entire station can just fuck right off, though. Maybe rocket pods can be made a secondary device so you've got a limited number of explosive rounds? That way they can be made a bit cheaper and more accessible while not being so fucking ridiculous.
Isn't the main issue here that shuttle-calling became impossible? If someone goes through the effort to get a pod with the artillery system, then they sure deserve to bomb the crap out of the station and everyone in it. Having a secure way to call the shuttle would just put a time constraint on them.
If a fuel system is implemented, each system (weapons, life support, etc.) would drain fuel at a set rate. Powerful weapons like the rocket launcher could drain fuel very rapidly, encouraging people to activate it for as short a time as possible or be forced to refuel very often.

And if refuelling can only be done in certain places, that would allow people to wait at said places for terrible pod pilots.
The missle launcher is already hard to get and rarely used.(I have only seen it used twice) I think a nerf is not warranted for the missle launcher, but the base energy weapons maybe a little too powerful. I suggest making normal pod weaponry a little more expensive to produce, and remove a few of the pod weapons from the station. Make people work for their guns.
Embolism Wrote:If a fuel system is implemented, each system (weapons, life support, etc.) would drain fuel at a set rate. Powerful weapons like the rocket launcher could drain fuel very rapidly, encouraging people to activate it for as short a time as possible or be forced to refuel very often.

And if refuelling can only be done in certain places, that would allow people to wait at said places for terrible pod pilots.

A fuel system is already in place!

Unfortunately, this was deemed as being "not fun" and was switched off. Perhaps now is as good a time as ever to give it a second go?
Maybe just implement it on the more powerful weapons like the explosive shells? Nobody's really ruining things with the light phasers, for example.
Considering what those things cost and the effort required to do such a thing I'd say that they don't really need an ammo limit. If they were easy to obtain, sure, I'd be all for an ammo limit, but seeing as how they're such a pain to get and how often actual artillery pod rampages happen, I'd almost call this a non-issue.

I know the artillery system is 250k, then you need a HERMES engine and probably some NT armour (you're going to use regular piddly armour in your hellpod?).

To be honest it's more a question of traitor ethics. I know they're allowed to do whatever, but morally a person who decides to blow up all the comms arrays and commaster terminals should have their name changed to "Josef von Hitlersatan af Mugabestadt", that does not really have anything to do with what equipment they did it with. The pod would be a nonissue if the shuttle could still be called normally.
Dear God No
Instead of an ammo limit, maybe they can have a heat limit. For example, 1 missile heats the weapon up by 20 percent, and the weapon cools down at 10 percent per second. When the weapon heats up by 100 percent, it locks down until it's cooled down to 0 percent.