Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Different mprt ammo
The mprt rockets that spawn on the battlecruiser could have a small chance to spawn as a different version with effects.

My ideas

Sarin Rocket - Deploys a cloud of sarin when it hits an object instead of exploding.

Projectile Rocket - Instead of exploding does incredibly high damage and stuns on a direct hit. Also destroys any machinery/walls it connects with.

Cryo rocket - Creates a massive slip hazard and freezes anyone nearby the rocket when it hits something.

Emp rocket - Releases a large emp upon detonation.
Every last one of these is massively worse than a regular old rocket.

The projectile rocket as described is just a regular rocket only worse, even.
I think all of those are just things grenades can do and the grenades class gets access to them so that sounds kind of pointless to add.
Pouring revsersium on a MRPT rocket should make it fly backwards like that one scene in the Tin Tin movie where they blow up the dam. Bubsium makes it into a flare

Which calls in a plasma howitzer shot
Those are pretty much all things grenades do, however I like the idea of more varied ammo and  I have a few ideas of my own for varied ammo:

- Demolition/Breaching ammo, 3 tile wide removal of floor, walls, doors, ect. along its path, perhaps only goes for 5 tiles or so, with a small exposion at the end.

- Piercing ammo, can go though one wall (similar to the nukie sniper) that, with a short delay after passing though the wall, blows up with a bit less powerful explosion than normal ammo.
I just want to explode things
(05-21-2021, 01:30 PM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: I think all of those are just things grenades can do and the grenades class gets access to them so that sounds kind of pointless to add.

I mean, RPG does stand for "Rocket Propelled Grenade"

I typically use them for breeching, so rounds that are better suited for that sound great.

Maybe one that leaves a wake of vision obscuring smoke along it's flight path, to give the Nuke Ops a smoke screen could work?
I mean if we are going into grenade usage isnt that specifically what the Grenadier syndie class is for?
rpg is great for taking out hos and ntso