Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you
Should definitely be based off of the clown mutation (which should be made into a job trait so it can't be removed) instead of just the uniform.
I like the idea of other people deciding to wear the clown suit to prank the person with this trait too. But maybe it could be both? Either spawning in as a clown or wearing the suit would make you invisible?
This is a pretty out there idea. I don't see any possible benefits for the user so, I guess that's ok???
(04-27-2021, 01:37 PM)DimWhat Wrote: I do not believe it should be a +1 as it would just become "the powergamer trait." I would rather it stay something incredibly goofy in order that you would take solely for the joke instead of for a benefit.

Personally I think clowns beating the absolute shit out of powergamers who can do nothing to defend themselves would make the trait better, not worse.
I think the implication that 'not having to look at the clown' being positive enough to make it 0 instead of +1 is hilarious. Absolutely fantastic idea
(04-28-2021, 03:18 AM)Flaborized Wrote: I think the implication that 'not having to look at the clown' being positive enough to make it 0 instead of +1 is hilarious. Absolutely fantastic idea

Agree
One with the trait should still be able to see clowns when wearing - RESEARCH GOGGLES - like that would give some funny buff to those.
(04-28-2021, 03:18 AM)Flaborized Wrote: I think the implication that 'not having to look at the clown' being positive enough to make it 0 instead of +1 is hilarious. Absolutely fantastic idea

Would they be able to hear the clown?
it would make sense if it didnt, although it might be funnier if they did
Although i like the idea, the actual practice of it leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. Are you sure you want to basically exclude a player completely from someone's vision without their knowledge. Basically denying them of interaction with that person other then through very invasive ways?

This trait would be more fitting on the classic servers then on the roleplay servers where interaction is something that is encouraged and fuels gameplay.
(04-29-2021, 07:58 AM)Luxizzle Wrote: Although i like the idea, the actual practice of it leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. Are you sure you want to basically exclude a player completely from someone's vision without their knowledge. Basically denying them of interaction with that person other then through very invasive ways?

This trait would be more fitting on the classic servers then on the roleplay servers where interaction is something that is encouraged and fuels gameplay.

I'm gonna have to agree with Luxizzle here. It's an absolutely fantastic and hilarious idea, but I can't help but think about the RP servers. There's going to be many, many situations where a clown gets ignored by the HoP or a doctor or QM or anyone and it'll feel absolutely awful if they have no idea why. Now the clown has no idea who they can talk to and who can't see them, and players that are unaware will just be confused or bummed out. Imagine yourself in those little clown shoes, begging for all access for all eternity as nobody notices your existence.
(04-29-2021, 08:12 AM)Varali Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 07:58 AM)Luxizzle Wrote: Although i like the idea, the actual practice of it leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. Are you sure you want to basically exclude a player completely from someone's vision without their knowledge. Basically denying them of interaction with that person other then through very invasive ways?

I'm gonna have to agree with Luxizzle here. It's an absolutely fantastic and hilarious idea, but I can't help but think about the RP servers. There's going to be many, many situations where a clown gets ignored by the HoP or a doctor or QM or anyone and it'll feel absolutely awful if they have no idea why. Now the clown has no idea who they can talk to and who can't see them, and players that are unaware will just be confused or bummed out. Imagine yourself in those little clown shoes, begging for all access for all eternity as nobody notices your existence.

Perhaps the Clown can get an examine text on people with the trait so they know who can and cant see them, "This person doesn't seem to notice you"
yeah thatd be a good idea, that way clowns know who they can prank without them noticing and they will know if theyre just ignoring the clown or cant see them
i feel like this is something that'd be exclusive to Admin buttons, rather than something everyone could have access to.