Goonstation Forums
[MERGED PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: [MERGED PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you (/showthread.php?tid=16288)

Pages: 1 2 3

[MERGED PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - github_bot - 04-27-2021

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
This zero-cost trait makes it so anyone wearing a clown suit is invisible to you. Clowns now get notified in examine text if someone doesn't notice them.

This PR also adds signals for Login and Logout on mobs. Now also a signal for examining atoms.

Why's this needed?
I think it's a funny addition and I enjoy the lore of people just disbelieving that there could be clowns in space so hard that they don't actually perceive them.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)pali
(*)A new trait - Clown Disbelief. Pick it and clowns are no longer visible to you!

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - Kubius - 04-27-2021

Very bizarre idea - kind of difficult to evaluate because of how outlandish it is. I think if it does end up being implemented, it should be +1 point, since it's a downside of sorts and the +1 would incentivize people to use it in order to get another bonus but be vulnerable to stealthy pranks from the clowns they are determined to disregard.

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - DimWhat - 04-27-2021

I do not believe it should be a +1 as it would just become "the powergamer trait." I would rather it stay something incredibly goofy in order that you would take solely for the joke instead of for a benefit.

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - kyle2143 - 04-27-2021

Yes. Good. Why would I wabt to see clowns anyway?

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - aft2001 - 04-27-2021

This is stupid. The good kind of stupid; please add it thank you.

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - unfunnyperson - 04-27-2021

Keep it as a +1 I want to mess with power gamers using this

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - pali6 - 04-27-2021

Possible compromise is to add some minor upside instead of +1 to this. Some slip resistance? Or slip immunity for banana peels? Something else?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, now it also applies to cluwnes.

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - Camryn - 04-27-2021

Glorious

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - aft2001 - 04-27-2021

I actually have a question: What if someone with this trait is wearing a clown suit?

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - pali6 - 04-27-2021

(04-27-2021, 01:49 PM)aft2001 Wrote: I actually have a question: What if someone with this trait is wearing a clown suit?

They can’t see themselves.

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - Rilor - 04-27-2021

so its not based on the incompetency gene its based on the clothing?

on a side note ive made a desicion to make jack lloyd have this trait by default if this gets added

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - unfunnyperson - 04-27-2021

(04-27-2021, 01:45 PM)pali6 Wrote: Possible compromise is to add some minor upside instead of +1 to this. Some slip resistance? Or slip immunity for banana peels? Something else?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, now it also applies to cluwnes.

I would suggest space lube immunity but that might be going a bit too far

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - DimWhat - 04-27-2021

Immunity to clowning around and maybe cluwning around is my suggestion for a minor plus.

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - KikiMofo - 04-27-2021

Suggestion for your suggestion. Make two traits. One makes you immune to all clowning and the clown is invisible BUT the mime is much more powerful and can block you with invisible walls and use invisible ropes to pull you around. The other trait does the reverse where the mime does nothing to you and is invisible but the clown is much more stronger to you and you can hear its honks and squeeky shoes from all over the station. Also getting a pie to the face can send you comatose for a bit.

RE: [PR] A trait which makes clowns invisible to you - babayetu83 - 04-27-2021

i kind of pictured this more in my head as this making people in clown suits appear invisible. so all you'd see is a floating clown suit and shoes