Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redbeard's Amazing Genetics Ideas & a cool recipe
Hello, and welcome to my thread! My ideas are almost completely about new mutations for genetics.
  • Explosive limbs
    • Any empty-handed attack on someone with harm attempt would have explosive consequences - A punch/kick would result in a pda-bomb like explosion on the tile of the target, and a definite removal of the limb used. Of course, the user of this ability would be affected by this explosion. Surely, this would spice up boxing matches!
  • Planaria
    • Limb regrowth! Regrow any lost limbs. This would come in handy on occasion.
  • Scissor Hands
    • Your hands become sharp - any attempt to help someone up, grab them, or push them down, will instead deal 1-2 brute damage, as you foolishly attempt something that no person with scissor hands can accomplish. Harm intent would result in bleeding - and of course, your hands would double as knives, for most purposes (eg. cutting bread & melons, slashing your throat for suicide). The perfect ability for any chef.

As for the recipe, it is just this: Limb Burgers! I always see limbs left all over the station, but no longer - the chef will be eager to collect them for this new meal. It might even result in an underground market for body parts? After all, who wouldn't sell their arm if they could eat it in a burger?
Different robotic limb attachments would be cool. If they prevented the use of the arm for anything else I guess.
Planaria + Explosive Limbs + Industrial Space Armour = infinite exploding fist technique

I like.
Scissor Hands seems more like a Robotics thing than a Genetics thing. And really, I think Robotics needs more love.

I'm having a hard time linking planaria with limb regeneration, seeing as planaria regeneration typically involves growing two heads, two tails, two planaria, etc. rather than simple recovery of lost parts. Otherwise sure.
RedbeardRum Wrote:[*]Planaria
  • Limb regrowth! Regrow any lost limbs. This would come in handy on occasion.

This pun is terrible.
Embolism Wrote:Scissor Hands seems more like a Robotics thing than a Genetics thing. And really, I think Robotics needs more love.

I'm having a hard time linking planaria with limb regeneration, seeing as planaria regeneration typically involves growing two heads, two tails, two planaria, etc. rather than simple recovery of lost parts. Otherwise sure.
the link is space. We're in space.
As it is, Genetics could use a few more 5-block mutations in order to differentiate from Telekinesis; as is, if I see five blocks, I know what's up and to zealously guard said monkey with my life and each one of its limbs.

(Speaking of which, when are the T3 research options going to allow for, well, research? Due to their cost, I don't think they've ever been available to grab.)
APARTHEID Wrote:As it is, Genetics could use a few more 5-block mutations in order to differentiate from Telekinesis; as is, if I see five blocks, I know what's up and to zealously guard said monkey with my life and each one of its limbs.

(Speaking of which, when are the T3 research options going to allow for, well, research? Due to their cost, I don't think they've ever been available to grab.)
You can use the 'DNA reclaimer' research to get over the 100 point limit and research those.
here are some mutation ideas from Paranoia
  • Acid Spit -- "I'm not a changeling, I just had something caught in my throat!"
  • Chromatavariation -- touch something and it changes color, like painting. probably best to wait until the cool advanced BYOND feature that allows this without lag.
  • Energy Field -- like the Wizard's field, blocks lasers but not blunt/tasers
  • Mental Energy Projection i.e. Mind Blast -- plays one of those horrible artifact screeches to everyone in range but otherwise harmless
  • Protective Keratin Formation i.e. Spikes -- grow porcupine like spikes around your body. Harms anyone trying to touch you with their hands. may/may not harm You and cause you to bleed profusely.
  • Quantum Molecular Displacement i.e. Teleportation -- like the wizard's classic Blink spell that would send you somewhere completely random.
  • Pouches -- lets you store a small item on your person like you would a derringer in your clothes. Item comes out when you do the proper emote or someone cuts you open with a scalpel
  • Metabolic Control i.e. Death Simulation -- play dead

Some other stuff
  • Blood Pigments -- random color blood
  • Reptilian DNA -- lizard form
  • Vestigial DNA -- turns you into the human sprite from OLD ss13.
  • Radiation Resistance
  • Enhanced Nicotine Receptors -- cigarettes put meth in your bloodstream!
  • Simian Gyrus Center -- can talk to/understand monkeys
  • Degenerative Tissue -- over time your limbs/butt will fall off
  • Albinism -- Sets skin tone and hair to palest possible, gives you same weakness Vampires have to starlight
  • Superior Logic Processing -- gives you vampire weakness to chapel and a bad case of the Serious. a fedora will grow on your head and can't be removed.
  • Mental Projection Energy -- like the mind blast above except only YOU hear it, and you can't control it
  • Cat Person DNA -- no visible effect except but makes George want to attack you
  • Enhanced Metabolism -- slightly better effects from eating stuff, would go well with Matter Eater
  • Reversed Metabolism -- you throw up. a lot.
  • Gills -- the upside: You're no longer effected by harmful gasses like plasma or co2! the downside: you have to drink water every minute or you start taking suffocation damage.
This is probably a far cry but how about a mutation that gives a person TWO heads? It only works if a ghost is active and accepts to be the second head. Also they wouldn't be able to wear hats anymore (because they couldn't decide which head to put it on! big grin ).
if gills are added laying down in the pool should also give you air.
I like the limb regrowth one particularly. It should probably hurt and stun you when you trigger it though.
Zadeon Wrote:This is probably a far cry but how about a mutation that gives a person TWO heads? It only works if a ghost is active and accepts to be the second head. Also they wouldn't be able to wear hats anymore (because they couldn't decide which head to put it on! big grin ).

How about adding schizophrenia, which would allow dead players to talk to a person afflicted by it?
V12US Wrote:
Zadeon Wrote:This is probably a far cry but how about a mutation that gives a person TWO heads? It only works if a ghost is active and accepts to be the second head. Also they wouldn't be able to wear hats anymore (because they couldn't decide which head to put it on! big grin ).

How about adding schizophrenia, which would allow dead players to talk to a person afflicted by it?

That will be abused so much. And are you insinuating that the Chaplain may be schizophrenic?
mozi Wrote:[*]Gills -- the upside: You're no longer effected by harmful gasses like plasma or co2! the downside: you have to drink water every minute or you start taking suffocation damage.[/list]
so if I get this and heat immunity, can I live in the bomb making chamber with nothing but a full box and backpack of glasses of water?