Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MERGED PR] Remove a few items from spy thief reward pool
(03-24-2021, 09:30 AM)Katzen Wrote: But this is not how a lot of players would feel when they roll spy, they'd rather be a traitor with 12 TC to spend. I don't think a poll would show any preference for spy at the moment. It would probably be rated pretty low as an antagonist.

Sure getting traitor isn't a guarantee of an OP round where you do what you want but I think we need to do further work to make people happy they get spy rather than feeling it is a handicap.
I actually prefer spy to traitor. I think it's better paced, there's more player guidance, and it isn't geared towards slaughter while still having it as an option. 
During Spy I always know exactly what I could be doing and that's going after items that sound interesting or can be obtained by means available to me.
Quote:They're not the main characters of this game. They're an expendable hazard played by a player, but nonetheless are there to be a *surmountable* obstacle to the crew. Antag victories should feel simultaneously satisfying to the antag, and frustratingly embarassing to the crew, imo- There's nothing fun or interesting about a well-equipped juggernaut crushing the competition.

Very much this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Remove a few items from spy thief reward pool - by Frank_Stein - 03-24-2021, 04:58 PM