HoS Application for Duke Nukem
Neutral for now, but I'm concerned about an interaction I watched earlier today.

HOP was admittedly being an idiot by promising all-access over the radio, but I'm not entirely sure security officers should be unilaterally demoting members of command without prior approval from the Captain or HOS. It felt like the situation was just endlessly escalated until it ended up with security fighting non-traitor crew in the halls. I get that the frustration was high at that point for obvious reasons but part of being given a position of responsibility requires you to be able to overcome perfectly understandable frustration to be fair and reasonable to everyone involved.

I'm just not sure that I'm particularly comfortable with this after watching that interaction.

(03-08-2021, 07:44 PM)AlyasGrey Wrote: Neutral for now, but I'm concerned about an interaction I watched earlier today.

HOP was admittedly being an idiot by promising all-access over the radio, but I'm not entirely sure security officers  should be unilaterally demoting members of command without prior approval from the Captain or HOS.  It felt like the situation was just endlessly escalated until it ended up with security fighting non-traitor crew in the halls.  I get that the frustration was high at that point for obvious reasons but part of being given a position of responsibility requires you to be able to overcome perfectly understandable frustration to be fair and reasonable to everyone involved.  

I'm just not sure that I'm particularly comfortable with this after watching that interaction.

One more note, no idea why you guys felt it was appropriate to remove his headset while he was in custody.
(03-08-2021, 07:44 PM)AlyasGrey Wrote: Neutral for now, but I'm concerned about an interaction I watched earlier today.

HOP was admittedly being an idiot by promising all-access over the radio, but I'm not entirely sure security officers  should be unilaterally demoting members of command without prior approval from the Captain or HOS.  It felt like the situation was just endlessly escalated until it ended up with security fighting non-traitor crew in the halls.  I get that the frustration was high at that point for obvious reasons but part of being given a position of responsibility requires you to be able to overcome perfectly understandable frustration to be fair and reasonable to everyone involved.  

One more note, no idea why you guys felt it was appropriate to remove his headset while he was in custody.

I do remember this, the HoP was being a shitter and the demotion was  decided because it was obvious he didn’t want to play HoP correctly (unless he was an antag, but I forgot whether he was or wasn’t, he didn’t seem to be playing like one) and it felt like a decision that did not need any approval for something so blatantly shitter-like. Also, the actual “battle” between sec and the crew was mostly just one doctor trying to free the HoP after he claimed to give AA to whoever freed him, I don’t remember seeing any other greytiders.

It especially was considered a dumb decision to give out AA because the MD was screaming there were revs on the radio, so to give out AA to potential revolutionaries is incredibly dumb and felt worthy of demotion, as well as 2 fellow sec officers agreed on it.

Also, we had to remove the headset because it was HoP gear? And the HoP wanted to become a mechanic, so he could get a mechanic headset.

Quick question: Who were you that round? A secoff or the HoP?
I was a secoff that round and i would have to agree with jakson the HoP was being a big shitter and trying to tell borgs to break him out and he would give aa to anyone who broke him out as well as calling us shit sec the entire time.
+1. Hes duke, Duke Nukem, a good officer to play with
Gonna be a no from me.

Duke's behavior as a security officer has been very inconsistent in my experience, and I don't feel comfortable trusting them with the beret
(03-09-2021, 06:32 AM)Jakson Wrote: Quick question: Who were you that round? A secoff or the HoP?

I was observing, had no stake in the round.
(03-09-2021, 03:27 PM)Camryn Wrote: Gonna be a no from me.

Duke's behavior as a security officer has been very inconsistent in my experience, and I don't feel comfortable trusting them with the beret

Personally, I don't remember having many experiences with you as sec, do you go by any other names I might remember?
(03-10-2021, 05:00 PM)Jakson Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 03:27 PM)Camryn Wrote: Gonna be a no from me.

Personally, I don't remember having many experiences with you as sec, do you go by any other names I might remember?

Camryn Buttes
I'm not a mentor but would like to pitch in my thoughts, I remember it was a ling round and I caught a ling that stung multiple people and almost killed me, (and it looked like he had killed others), I was the captain and put him in the brig for further orders (I arrested him because I was on my way somewhere when I saw him stinging people and running away) on what to do with him when we finally came to the conclusion to execute him for attempted murder on multiple people and most likely has already murdered unknown others, but when we came back you had already came back to the brigs and released him saying he didn't do anything and it was fine.

And then later that round he ended up killing half of sec and multiple other officers had most their limbs cut off, it was a disaster. I was in crit for like 7 minutes trying to survive and sec was basically ruined. Thing is sometimes you have poor judgement on things and act without orders and act as if you are already HoS. If you are to become less aggressive on these kinds of things and follow orders I will change my opinion because you are a pretty good sec officer but you just need to wait for orders or be less aggressive on making decisions.
The admin team has decided to reject your HoS application due to various concerns. You can forumPM me if you wish to know more. You're welcome to reapply after 60 days from today, which would be May 16th. In the meantime, I hope you take this as opportunity to improve your Security skills and be the best you can be.