Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Electronic Incompatibility Trait
I could change this to -1 or just have it on only rp, either works really. Also, suiciding as a borg makes the exact same point as if someone tries to borg you then can't, hell I don't even like playing an emagged borg that much. I've also had robotics literally take my body away from cloning just because they wanted to borg someone.

(02-06-2021, 06:26 AM)Flaborized Wrote: Don't really like how this trait would make someone immune to being made a borg by a traitor for nefarious purposes. Syndicate borgs, nanomachines, the syndicate conversion chamber and even to some extent regular brain surgery exist for traitors to be able to turn players into evil machines, and by introducing a (what I assume will be popular) trait nullifies the main draw of those. Also, as dead bodies with no brains *can* be cloned, this wouldn't really parallel puritan in the same way; it's not stopping you from being cloned if they try to borg you, thus it's a free way to say No to borging. And that would make it a very popular choice I think.

It's also a lot more work to make a borg for someone than it is to clone them, meaning it could potentially be really annoying to find out people have this *free* trait where it won't even work on them after putting in the effort. It's already annoying with braindead people, but this would be... more annoying! And I foresee people trying to use this trait as leverage when caught as an antag; Iit strips sec of the best way to stop an antag from being evil that's not Straight Up Murder in those cases, which I feel isn't good.

Overall due to These Things I think this trait is a bad idea that has many unintutive (imo)negative consequences! You can already set DNR if you really don't wanna be borged when you're dead; otherwise, it's part of the game!
Isn't suiciding as a borg worse though? Times spent making the borg, your borged then just instantly suicide.

I'm not 100% sure if this would work with an syndicate docking station or not as when I try on a test server it auto injects me, I'm not sure which check it uses, its possible it uses one of the ones I wouldn't really be able to modify easily.
Pretty sure the syndicate docking station already checks for neither this trait, nor being silicon-banned.