Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[PR] Brain Spooning
There's a clash in tone. Violence and gore in Space Station 13 have always had a cartoonish quality to them, something I think we should preserve.

Incremental lobotomy (and cannibalism) is uncharacteristically dark and veers too far into body horror territory for my liking. Brain removal in its current state serves as the vital intermediary step in borging/monkey-cloning players in addition to being an efficient killing method. Compare this to the proposed brain scooping, which is inherently nefarious and is essentially a mechanic used to inflict torture on other players.

This is a concern that has come up previously with the strychnine chem; Players injected with the poison would receive messages that were overly descriptive and gratuitous to the point of making people uncomfortable.
Solid explanation, I'll keep it in mind. Will follow this thread still as I look for more inspiration!
I think there's something to be said about the body horror aspect.

I think the thing I found most interesting about this idea was eating the brain granting mind related mutant powers.

It feels very in line with something like Changelings and absorbing and hivemind. Maybe an antag ability or a mutation?

I think if you push it that way, and tone it down to simply eating the whole brains the way you can currently, there's something promising here.
Im not sure the best way to implement a brain-transfer idea that doesnt include spooning it out in some fashion. Maybe eating a brain while you have a specific mutation or trait? I feel that would discourage people to clone and borg and i dont think thats a great idea.

Any thoughts?