Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Personalized Start (Loadout-ish System)
After 8 years of SS13, I know exactly what I want when a round begins. After hundreds upon hundreds of rounds, the process of obtaining those odds and ends is something I've come to dread. Many servers mitigate this by implementing an item loadout system. Things like outfits, hats, cigarette packs, lighters, maybe even some basic tools or equipment. This is usually balanced out by limiting it with a point system. I'm suggesting that Goon adopt a similar system, but perhaps take it a step further.

On Goon, we have rewards that can be claimed. It would be nice if we could set specific rewards to be automatically claimed on arrival. Things like the satchel, labcoat changes, and so on. There are aspects of the PDA and ID that could be preset. Possibly allowing for alternative cartridges on start, as part of the loadout system. Allowing the player to save notes in Notekeeper to their character. Could also have chem dispenser groups saved to your ID. What do you guys think?
Something to this effect that combined our many meta currencies and reward items would be ideal and something I've wanted in some form or another for quite a while.
Gathering up your stuff at the start of round is part of the game. It makes you go around the station instead of just being stuck in one spot the whole round. Being in areas you don't want to be in makes you ripe for getting antag'd. If we just STARTED with everything we wanted that would make the game more boring in my opinion.
I'd love a change like this, even if it was exclusive to the RP server but I'd imagine it would be quite an undertaking to rework the character sheet system.
(03-21-2020, 07:14 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Gathering up your stuff at the start of round is part of the game. It makes you go around the station instead of just being stuck in one spot the whole round. Being in areas you don't want to be in makes you ripe for getting antag'd. If we just STARTED with everything we wanted that would make the game more boring in my opinion.

QM could have a little station set up where preround purchases could be picked up
I think that's a fun compromise