Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
A few borg new upgrades and tweaks
Probably shit ideas but here we go:

ProDoc Healthgoggle upgrade should be the Upgraded form - allowing you to remotely scan health

Spectroscopic Goggle Upgrade - Self explanatory, it's like you're wearing spectroscopic scanner goggles
Implemented

Ectoscopic Scanner - A rare upgrade only found hidden amongst the debris field and adventure zone. Lets you see ghosts

Nanoforge - A rare or hard-to-make upgrade that allows a borg to restore a random limb over a decently lengthy period of time by consuming large amounts of cell power, depending on how reinforced the limb was. Uses nanites!

Extinguisher Upgrade - Adds a fire extinguisher to the borg's array of tools. Did you know medical borgs can't have fire extinguishers? Well now they can!

New additions from the replies

SecHud Upgrade - Brobocops come with this.
Medical borgs should have extinguishers by default just because of how often medbay gets set on fire.
I don't like the remote healthscan idea, that might just be me.

I like these. Maybe a sechud upgrade for brobocop?
The remote healthscan makes perfect sense and makes the borg much less clunky to use.

At the moment, upon identifying an injured patient, you must:

Walk up to them
Select a module you want to de-equip
De-equip it
Scroll up to the health tool in your toolset
Equip it
Select the module
Scan the person

That is a LOT of steps, especially when someone is in deepcrit.
I've added a Spectroscopic Scanner Upgrade. That functionality was previously built in to the Chemistry module. Cyborgs who choose the Chemistry module get it for free. It has a slight power drain when active (same as the ProDoc upgrade).
Give chemistry borgs a GPS like the mining borg so they can use telesci
Alternatively, rename Chemistry Borgs to Science Borgs as they have the tools to assist in the majority of the science department
Indeed, especially at present mediborgs make better chemborgs than chemborgs.
The Mini-ChemMaster also doesn't let you make patches.