Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ShotgunBill, Goon 2, 1/19/2020
It was in the spirit of AI core parties and other assorted near end of round chaos. I'm a mechanic, I wanted to scan the electropacks and other assorted gunk in there. I did this because the round had already gone to shit and it seemed like a way to endear myself to the gang members. If you look earlier on in the notes you'll see "Hi can I get a gang to protect the cloner in mechanics" as murder was occuring all around me and I had seen maybe one sec officer all round. Honestly, I didn't even think any security were playing as it was pretty early in the day.

But again that's not the point of this at all. I was all cool with it being a learning experience for me until you felt the need to broadcast the event over OOC. I *VERY* rarely use adminhelp and I only ever do so if I feel like it will improve the round/improve the culture in a way that I think is beneficial.

Side note, and apologies for the double post, but the only times I've ever seem someone get in trouble for assisting antags was by directly attacking or performing antagonistic acts. Scanning random shit and being a general nuisance/mad scientist while also assisting the station by building a cloner (which I did) is what being one is all about. I again expected to be toilet flushed or whipped or whatever for being an asshat because I was purposefully being one but I was under the impression that antags were required to wear at least one piece of clothing/carried gang gear with them.  In the same way that a doctor can heal an antag I thought that I could just fuck around like I normally would and if it got the antags that lived next to me to like me more than hey gravy.

People break into EVA, the bridge, the AI, as non antags all the time to either be a mild miscreant of an assistant or the like, and thats the kind of thing that I enjoy and why I play on this server. If I wanted to act like a normal person for 8 hours I'd play on baystation, but breaking and entering being flashed and thrown in a toilet is part of what playing here is about. The dynamic between somewhat off the chain staff assistants and others grouped with skilled antags and telling the difference between the two is part of why I enjoy playing security.

(Know it wasn't what the point is but I felt like that needed to be adressed)

Messages In This Thread
RE: ShotgunBill, Goon 2, 1/19/2020 - by Gerhazo - 01-19-2020, 01:33 PM
RE: ShotgunBill, Goon 2, 1/19/2020 - by MamuelMamington - 01-19-2020, 01:39 PM