Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The detective should not be allowed to join a gang or be a gang leader
I mean Jesus, he starts with lethals and security will help him murder everyone under the slightest pretense.
Yeah, detective is supposedly this "loose cannon" who isn't really part of security.

But in practice he's treated like a normal Sec officer with a different loadout, so it can be a liiiittle bit unfair.
Heads of staff can join gangs as well from I’ve seen. That should probably get changed as well
I mean, the same goes with Antag Captains, but antag captains are kind of a tradition.

IMO heads should not be allowed to be antags at all, but that's probably too big of a swing in the other direction.
AFAIK Heads of Staff can be Gang Leaders, but they can't join gangs.
Only the HoS, Captain, and HoP can't join gangs IIRC.
Sec officers shouldn't be murdering people unless they have to anyways, let alone just because the detective told them to.
Yeah, this is an oversight.
IN the older days people wouldn't really listen to the detective because he could be a bad guy. Had to earn trust somewhat. Dunno when it changed to sec listening to detective when they tell them to murderize people. A couple years back if the detective shot his gun at someone the crew would literally gang up on him to take away his gun.
Side Question; Can the detective get Revved?
I looked into it and apparently detectives, like command, can't join gangs. But commqnd can be made gang leaders if it's low enough pop, so I think the same is true of detective.

Either you are mistaken about a detective gang member like they assumed the identity of a detective, or they were a bad detective pseudo joining a gang. I couldnt say.
The detective in question was a gangleader.
That means that I’ve definitely seen HoP and detective gang leaders, which is still a problem.
(01-06-2020, 12:25 AM)Carbadox Wrote: That means that I’ve definitely seen HoP and detective gang leaders, which is still a problem.

I believe this is an actual bug.
Some people said they gotten leader in highpop rounds when staff command and the detective can only get it during lowpop
Do you know how recently it was changed that detectives can't join gangs? I definitely saw a detective join a gang, but it was a few months ago, so it very well may have been fixed between then and now - I just can't recall seeing any mention of such a fix.