Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RP Town Hall Round Up - 29 SEP 2019
I used to play on the RP server a lot, but I feel like it was a very different server 6-9 months ago. Broadly speaking I feel more sympathetic to the "less dedicated player" side, in that while I prefer being in an RP environment, I feel like the RP has always worked best for me when it's fairly lighthearted. While everyone is theoretically supposed to be doing their job on a space station, it's a weird, surreal space station, and I feel like it works best when players are permitted to act accordingly.

On the other hand, of the rounds I've played on the RP server recently a significant proportion have been ruined by one person testing their powergaming skills, so that's definitely a problem too.

Other than my personal RP related opinions, think the major problem with the RP server is that it is just Goon with stricter RP rules. I've noticed a lot of people on Goon (including myself) are clearly LRPing even though it's not an RP server, so it's not like there's no appetite for RP in the community. Instead, I think people are put off GoonRP by the lack of players, lack of action and worries about cliquishness and following RP requirements. I think the way to revive the RP server isn't necessarily to tighten RP requirements, but to give it things like dedicated game modes or just a different pace.

For example, I remember when the RP server mostly ran extended, a lot of people seemed to be playing there primarily because they liked extended. I'm definately not saying go back to running full-time extended, but something to make playing on GoonRP different might help to prevent people from just gravitating to the most populated server.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RP Town Hall Round Up - 29 SEP 2019 - by Surimi - 10-03-2019, 05:00 PM