Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RP Town Hall Round Up - 29 SEP 2019
Not an RP goer myself, but something I found on the RP server is that it's trying to be Player V Environment without much Environment to contend against and as such players make their own stories. Unfortunately, players can only be so creative over the course of a 2 hour round and it inevitably leads back to PvP. But it's a tentative PvP, with a soft touch that doesn't encourage interaction. This post pretty much confirms this suspicion.

I'd say lack of direction is the biggest offender here, but to put an optimistic twist on it, Manta is a very good map to showcase what sort of direction we should take. In the literal sense - it's moving. I feel for the RP server to work, it needs to be heavily invested in this FTL-esque interactions. This means the server pop actually wouldn't make that much of an issue as you're constantly engaged with the environment.

Someone had a vary salient point on Reddit regarding Goon on how rounds play out. We lack RnD so as the round progresses, the station/ship goes to shit and while there may be home improvements here and there, it's inevitably fire and piss everywhere. While not exactly in direct contrast, other servers such as TG have a noticeable improvement to tech as the round progresses.

This was where my suggestion for a "DM" style admin where a trusted individual effectively controls a narrative kind of falls in. This doesn't essentially require an admin, but rather the DM acts as Nanotrasen officials, sending information via the bridge and altering the map by spawning various things as the ship arrives. This would require a special menu of sorts, I would think.

An alternative would be to not have this role and to concentrate on randomly generated environments. But I fear that this randomly generated environments may be restrictive - there's only so many times one can enter a derelict room with dead bodies and some flavortext items thrown in before it becomes repetitive.

Both of these seem a colossal pain to code.

What's Artemis, I've heard it being mentioned before?

Messages In This Thread
RE: RP Town Hall Round Up - 29 SEP 2019 - by Sundance - 09-30-2019, 04:27 AM