Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Lumen V2
Lightbulb 
The Summary:
lumen was a reagent that was removed a while ago! when you splashed it on the ground, it'd make a light that was the colour of whatever was in the beaker. it could even attach to objects! unfortunately it was removed because of lag and the new lighting system but i, doctor frankenhara, have revived this beast! now optimised, working with the new lighting system, and with some new features... lumen is back baby! big big special thanks to mbc and urs for putting up with my dumbness and helping me out with this patch!

The Features:
  • the lumen reagent, complete with a recipe (placeholders for now, dm me on discord if you want suggestions for the recipe that i have!)
  • interactions with smokepowder and foam to prevent smoking/foaming lumen (sorry, but i cant adequately test how it effects the server on my own, so i dont know how bad it would be)
  • pour lumen on the ground for a light anchored to the floor... or pour it on a friend for a light anchored to them, or pour it on an object for a light anchored to the object!
  • lumen's brightness increases with volume, use 25 units for the brightest light!
  • lumen's colour is decided by the colour of whatever's in the beaker. get creative! make some really fancy looking lights!!
The Video:
(minor volume warning, sorry, obs is weird with sounds sometimes) video!!!

The Links:
compare link!!

i just realised that i didnt code in anything that was forwards compatible! this should also have recipes to block it from working with propellant and propellant components!!

im not having interactions with smoke or foam because im not using pooling with this, so creating large amounts of lumen could potentially be laggy. especially since it creates objects and then lights, i dont wanna mess with it
lumen was one of my favorite chems for like the week it was available. good patch.
very useful for exploration and blackouts imho.
If it does lag the game via smokepowder or aerosol, such interactions can always be changed after the fact.