Poll: Which of these do you want added to the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayonnaise as a condiment
1.82%
17 1.82%
Omnitraitors become wraiths on death
3.32%
31 3.32%
Add jelly beans
1.39%
13 1.39%
Late antag wraiths can get a "get revenge" traitor goal
2.46%
23 2.46%
Produce satchel QOL improvements
3.43%
32 3.43%
Traitor item that allows for short "blink-like" teleportation
2.25%
21 2.25%
Drinking soda makes you burp. Burping can move you in space.
2.68%
25 2.68%
Housefly ghost critter
2.14%
20 2.14%
Office tape that lets you put paper on walls
2.25%
21 2.25%
Changeling buttspiders
3.85%
36 3.85%
Sec ticket like mechanism for positive comments
3.53%
33 3.53%
AI command to see the APC in the current room
4.07%
38 4.07%
Specialized medscanners for chem, genetics, and path
2.14%
20 2.14%
Polaroid photos are damaged if you shake them
1.28%
12 1.28%
Obituary implants that send an announcement on your death
3.00%
28 3.00%
Ctrl+H honking shortcut for clowns
3.10%
29 3.10%
Clown PDA soundboard
3.75%
35 3.75%
Turn mops into skates so you can skate around while cleaning
2.14%
20 2.14%
Add toilet paper
1.28%
12 1.28%
Make any food into a brulee with sugar + torch
1.39%
13 1.39%
Add squirt guns (kind of like liquid flamethrowers)
3.10%
29 3.10%
Gnome Chompski can move if nobody is looking
5.25%
49 5.25%
Chemical centrifuge that can move a single chem into a different container
3.32%
31 3.32%
robuddy components in robotics fabricators
3.00%
28 3.00%
Dunk food items like donuts into drinks like coffee
2.68%
25 2.68%
Bartending requires mixers/shakers to make drinks
1.93%
18 1.93%
Hacksaws for hobo surgery
3.32%
31 3.32%
Toys for the station pets
3.21%
30 3.21%
Slot machine costume
2.14%
20 2.14%
Floodlights for dark areas
3.53%
33 3.53%
Click drag functionality for kitchen equipment
3.75%
35 3.75%
Put hats upside down on the floor to make a tip jar. A new way to hat tip.
2.89%
27 2.89%
Add a Fire Marshall job
1.93%
18 1.93%
Hide items in toy plushies
2.14%
20 2.14%
Drink/pour toggles for drinking glasses and beakers
3.10%
29 3.10%
Let robotics fabricators make station bounced radios
3.43%
32 3.43%
Total 934 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Monthly Contest: July Voting
The July Contest voting phase is here! As described in the contest submission page, we have a shortlist of the ideas we think would work best. The top three winners will have their ideas added to the game!

As in last month's contest, you can vote for as many ideas as you like. Try to vote for 3-5 ideas minimum, though!

The prize tiers are as follows:
Winner: Gannets sticker, top 3 medal (and a cool ingame reward), Firebarrage will personally code your idea and add it to the game, bragging rights
Two runner-ups: top 3 medal (and a cool ingame reward), Firebarrage will personally code your idea and add it to the game, bragging rights
Everyone who submitted an idea: participation medal (and a different but also cool ingame reward), bragging rights

P.S. Flourish demanded cute emojis in this post. So here they are:  a fancy greater domestic space-bee Dr. Acula Boogiebot space bear

EDIT: I've been asked this a few times so I'll make a post here. When the vote is over and winners decided I'll reach out to the winners and chat with them about any implementation specifics. So e.g. if someone had posted the idea "give the captain a golden toilet" I'd contact them and ask where it should be on each map, how often should traitor goals be to give the captain a swirlie in their own toilet, etc. If you are interested in what these ideas will look like in the end you'll have to chat with the poster, as I don't know their exact visions for their ideas.
Why was my submission about the PTL disqualified?
The PTL/SMES suggestion was not included as we felt it does not fit well with our vision of engineering gameplay. This change would have removed a key part of the engineering job, which is monitoring the station power network and balancing power distribution. All idea submitters still receive the participant reward, even if the idea was not included in this poll. This thread has been updated to correctly state that.
Why was in-game stats disqualified?
can i ask why food on plates was disqualified sorry
In game stats: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10831

Food on plates: To do this we would need sprite overlays for many foods. Shrinking food sprites automatically looks terrible when they get that small, and some food already comes on a plate which would need some sort of additional solution. Option 2 is to just use a single sprite for all food on plates, which I just don't think accomplishes what you are imagining. Essentially - I don't think I'd be able to deliver something like this that would look good. Especially with my art skills.
(07-24-2019, 03:37 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: In game stats: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10831

Food on plates: To do this we would need sprite overlays for many foods. Shrinking food sprites automatically looks terrible when they get that small, and some food already comes on a plate which would need some sort of additional solution. Option 2 is to just use a single sprite for all food on plates, which I just don't think accomplishes what you are imagining. Essentially - I don't think I'd be able to deliver something like this that would look good. Especially with my art skills.
dang i didnt think about that im sorry
Why was my submission disqualified?
Since others are asking as well I may as well ask why mine was DQ'd too, was it too broad? Too detailed?

"More options after hacking fabricators. Currently there are no hidden/secret items obtainable through a hacked Medical Fabricator, Uniform Manufacturer (just chem patches), Ship Component Fabricators (though this doesn't matter too much) or Gas Extractors. Whether it be adding existing items that are useful/harmful (other cannister options for gas extractor, other medical equipment for medical fabricator, more existing uniform items to uniform manufacturer) or maybe some new ones (new body parts for Robotics, new uniform items only available through hacking for uniform manufacturer)."
I am surprised my first suggestion ever got in, even if its a different vision of it.

Edit: in fact, it's so different that it is almost like it someone read the title of it, and not the suggestion itself...
Yeah, everyone blame Firebarrage for rejecting your ideas because he doesn't want to code them! space bear

Really, though, we tried to use reasonable discretion, and so please don't take it personally if your idea isn't on here. A lot of the suggestions were really cool, and so even if they aren't on here, or don't win, you might see them ingame sometime.
(07-25-2019, 02:50 AM)assblastusa Wrote: I am surprised my first suggestion ever got in, even if its a different vision of it.

Edit: in fact, it's so different that it is almost like it someone read the title of it, and not the suggestion itself...

that's because it's not your suggestion: you didn't even make a submission to the contest. 
that's nate's idea 

(07-03-2019, 06:10 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: looking through my forum posts gave me less ideas than expected.

how about a traitor device that when activated, blinks the user forward in the direction they're moving, a short distance. if not moving, probably teleport them randomly. relatively low cooldown or cost, probably not both, but the device is somewhat hard to use due without winding up in a wall or space, so it's in theory not too strong
(07-24-2019, 08:20 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Why was my submission disqualified?
Because you did not post a submission

(07-25-2019, 12:35 AM)pumacatrun2 Wrote: Since others are asking as well I may as well ask why mine was DQ'd too, was it too broad? Too detailed?

"More options after hacking fabricators. Currently there are no hidden/secret items obtainable through a hacked Medical Fabricator, Uniform Manufacturer (just chem patches), Ship Component Fabricators (though this doesn't matter too much) or Gas Extractors. Whether it be adding existing items that are useful/harmful (other cannister options for gas extractor, other medical equipment for medical fabricator, more existing uniform items to uniform manufacturer) or maybe some new ones (new body parts for Robotics, new uniform items only available through hacking for uniform manufacturer)."

This wasn't selected as it was too vague. There are millions of different things that could be done with this description.

(07-25-2019, 02:50 AM)assblastusa Wrote: I am surprised my first suggestion ever got in, even if its a different vision of it.

You did not submit an idea in the submission thread.
(07-25-2019, 06:40 AM)Firebarrage Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 08:20 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Why was my submission disqualified?
Because you did not post a submission

Oh heck I honestly forgot that I didn't actually submit anything lol.
lmao i stole your idea with my mind voodoo powers