Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Playtime counter
Glad I found the right place to put this but maybe the coders could try to implement something to give a general idea of how long people have been playing. It would be useful for determining if someone is mentor material or how harsh punishments should be for certain rule infractions. I am not sure how limited you are by byond but I have noticed that you at least have the ability to post things to an irc so possibly use that to tell bots minutes or at least that they were playing by the end of the round.

It'd also be nice to use this as a pissing contest that is slightly better than your byond account age.
Eh. Just because you have been around forever doesnt mean you are playing often. For example I tend to go through phases where I play more or less for a while.

Being a mentor isn't so much about time imo. Some people are ready after a month, some after years. That's why we have the application system.
(07-16-2018, 04:25 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: Just because you have been around forever doesnt mean you are playing often.
... is the issue ob64 wants to address.
(07-16-2018, 04:25 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: That's why we have the application system.
I agree, a gametime counter doesn't really add to the system in place. It would at just be a (very dull) pissing contest.
this feature already exists for administration purposes