Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 4.22 Average
Overheard On The Station (And Elsewhere)
The way I always interpreted override is "Replace X laws with this law."

So the AI's laws all say murder everyone but this guy. He's not human, you don't have to listen to him, and if he attacks you you don't have to take his crap, heck you don't have to take it anyway lock him in a small room and blow farts at him through a vent, but his laws demand the AI and silicons themselves don't kill him.
[Image: yLgIV4R.png]
Lewd, Rain.
(11-01-2016, 09:55 AM)Xeram Wrote: The way I always interpreted override is "Replace X laws with this law."

So the AI's laws all say murder everyone but this guy. He's not human, you don't have to listen to him, and if he attacks you you don't have to take his crap, heck you don't have to take it anyway lock him in a small room and blow farts at him through a vent, but his laws demand the AI and silicons themselves don't kill him.

The phrase 'everyone but' is ambiguous enough that you could justify it either way. So really, it boils down to the AI either wanting to kill him or not.
HIVEMIND: Shriek Anderson (MASTER) says, "As he stares into my emotionless eyes, his own filled with dread, I'll lean close to his hear and whisper "Homestuck sucks, nerd""

Context: Medsal was being a BIG DORK and talking about Homestuck.
(11-02-2016, 01:58 AM)The Worst Wrote: HIVEMIND: Shriek Anderson (MASTER) says, "As he stares into my emotionless eyes, his own filled with dread, I'll lean close to his hear and whisper "Homestuck sucks, nerd""

Context: Medsal was being a BIG DORK and talking about Homestuck.
Did someone say "Homestuck"?
[Image: zeShV0E.gif]
I am Homestuck trash.
I feel like a quarter of the forums has read Homestuck, or at least a part it.

I can confirm, am Homestuck trash. Read the entire comic. Thought the ending was terrible, but the journey was strange and entertaining.
(11-02-2016, 06:36 AM)Mageziya Wrote: I feel like a quarter of the forums has read Homestuck, or at least a part it.

I can confirm, am Homestuck trash. Read the entire comic. Thought the ending was terrible, but the journey was strange and entertaining.

I lost most of my interest after nothing updated for like 2 years. Still finished it though
(11-02-2016, 06:36 AM)Mageziya Wrote: I feel like a quarter of the forums has read Homestuck, or at least a part it.

Can also confirm. Am also homestuck trash. As though it weren't evident from the ludicrous username. Holding onto the hope that hivebent will pick up the endings slack and maybe tie up all the loose ends
Hiveswap is pre-homestuck in the timeline.

So in other words, no, it won't. Though there was that small credit's update on the 25th that made a lot of people happy.
(11-02-2016, 03:35 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Hiveswap is pre-homestuck in the timeline.

So in other words, no, it won't. Though there was that small credit's update on the 25th that made a lot of people happy.

Hiveswap isn't pre-homestuck, seriously, check the ectopad in the end credits thing, the hiveswap kids are there.
[Image: IQi4EvS.png]
Today, I was tutoring a newbie robotocist in the art of making robots. They say teaching is its own reward.

[Image: Kf9vyjN.jpg]

It's true.
HeadSurgeon: real poll numbers have closed the buttholes

Edit:
NullAshton: MY BUTTHOLE IS CLENCHED HEADSURGEON
HeadSurgeon: it clenched onto my laptop
I was sitting in my office and the AI decided to turn my lights on and off. Eventually one of the lights broke and set the paper in front of me on fire.
[Image: 88302227ecf8329833a9744ad1999cf5.png]
you know
its that hat
that hat from that movie
it was called 007
[Image: oO1fI63.png]