Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombs in Disposal Pipes
I sent a bomb down a mail chute towards Electronics. Of course, without knowing how long it would take, I decided to detonate it on a guess. It exploded in the pipe, there was some big-ass lag, but nowhere along the Electronics mail line was there any explosive damage.

Just to test if bombs fucked up once in mail chutes, I put a bomb and the helmet camera in and watched it go to the kitchen, where it blew up just fine. Bombs do nothing when in pipes.
Isn't this because mailchute/disposal pipes are treated as separate z-levels?
Once I blew up a bomb in a disposal pipe, went down said disposal pipe only to get stuck because the pipes were missing from the blast. There was no damage above it.
Sundance Wrote:Isn't this because mailchute/disposal pipes are treated as separate z-levels?
Once I blew up a bomb in a disposal pipe, went down said disposal pipe only to get stuck because the pipes were missing from the blast. There was no damage above it.

I once got stuck in a disposal pipe with a braindead guy. No one helped so i blew my self up with a syndicate bomb, the explosion knocked me and the other guy out alive leaving the place in ruins like a normal bomb.
Tteckk Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Isn't this because mailchute/disposal pipes are treated as separate z-levels?

I once got stuck in a disposal pipe with a braindead guy. No one helped so i blew my self up with a syndicate bomb, the explosion knocked me and the other guy out alive leaving the place in ruins like a normal bomb.

The fact that you got out alive and not in chunks is the most confusing part..
In testing for cogmap we blew up the AI a few times by disposaling a bomb, it worked then and afaik nothing's been changed. Bit weird.
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:In testing for cogmap we blew up the AI a few times by disposaling a bomb, it worked then and afaik nothing's been changed. Bit weird.

Well they did make it so syndies aren't considered off the station Z-level when in pipes. Other than that though, idk.
Yeah, quite a few of the disposal layouts are designed with bombs in mind. I tested them a lot to see where I would get launched out if I set off a pipebomb or a bigbomb in my hands after flushing myself down a pipe.

If that's not working now, weird.
After a bunch of testing I am not seeing any problems at all, bombs are going off inside pipes just fine from what I see.

Are you sure you didn't just mail a dud?
100%, man. Same mix as my other bombs which did work that round, and it did create a tonne of lag when I hit the button. I'm fairly confused.
I can report the same problem, sent two bombs to engineering and genetics just there, on 15 and 30 second timers, and neither of them ever went off anywhere.
Weavel Wrote:100%, man. Same mix as my other bombs which did work that round, and it did create a tonne of lag when I hit the button. I'm fairly confused.
Did you send it to the wrong place?
I definitely sent it to Electronics.
Cogwerks Wrote:After a bunch of testing I am not seeing any problems at all, bombs are going off inside pipes just fine from what I see.

Are you sure you didn't just mail a dud?

There are occasional problems with things being inside other things - it's not unheard of that a bomb in a pipe doesn't destroy anything. I haven't noticed any kind of pattern, though.