Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove the Armory eguns. Replace them with... stuff
Okay. Lasers now do burn damage and are counted as ENERGY projectiles instead of PIERCING.
They will now take armor into account, but they are somewhat more effective than regular bullets against armored targets. EOD armor does more protection than regular armor.

Radbows will get through all armor, as will armor-piercing bullets.
I like the idea or replacing the eguns in the Armory with stun spackers, and improving the shitty EOD suits, but I am just as adamant as Sundance when I say the Head of SECURITY should spawn with an egun in his locker. I mean, there are SO many reasons to have something that can shoot lasers, BUT stuns as well. I want to go to the Void Station and be able to stun and cuff a killer hiding there and still shoot the spooks. Sure, I could get a laser gun, but if QM is fucked, there goes your only chance. Rouge bots and changelings are also a big pain easily settled with an egun rather that having to lug around a taser and a laser gun. I'm just saying, for the sake of convenience, the HoS should be able to have at least ONE egun if you take the four in the Armory.
You know, a riot shotgun for the HoS would be cool as heck, but you can load/unload ammo like beanbags, smoke, tear gas, flashbang, breaching round (I can't think of a hilarious use for this because it would be awful against airlocks.), stunrounds, maybe customizable rounds but that is probably a bit overpowered. I'm tired.
Stun round shotguns seems like the better alternative.

I think it would differentiate nicely from other servers where security is slowly turned into an optional army.

It also reinforces the fact that security are peacekeepers, not soldiers.

Bullets aren't really an effective weapon anyway unless your target is unarmed or you don't care about casualties.

Detective gets a free pass because they aren't as heavily armed as security.
Hos should keep his energy gun.

Stun spackers sound fucking incredible

Make a variable-duration nonlethal stun mod for phasers to replace the egun for illicit use
Give the HoS a phaser because phasers are cool and eguns are lame.

Stick the beanbag shotguns in the armoury because anyone who grabs 4 eguns is instantly space rambo.

Throw in riot armour, shields, and helmets. The helmets and armour should just be decent armour that makes you hard to knockout or shoot but also makes you slow as fuck. Make the shields work like this: Give them a toggle button like jetpacks have that makes them go between Raised and Lowered. When they're raised they completely block most attacks(like tasers, lasers, blunt objects and whatever but not AP bullets or lethal shotgun bullets). Drawback is that you can't move(or maybe really slowly like you've got red health and walk mode on) or shoot guns(but you could baton someone I guess) and also you have a reduced sight range because there's a big thing in front of your face with a tiny window in it. When they're lowered they don't do a damn thing but you can move around and shoot at people.

Basically if you've got the riot gear on and your shield up you're really fucking tough but people who aren't dumb will realize this and unless they're packing bombs or a revolver they'll just run away and you won't be able to catch them waddling around in your assloads of armour. And to keep people from just pulling the armour off and holding it in their hands and suddenly being able to run normally putting it on stuns you for a few seconds because it's hard to get in and out of a full body suit of armour.

They'd be good for protecting something or if you could block all the exits to the room with riot cops anyone inside would be pretty fucked but they're not gonna make you into supercops.
It sounds like a kind of good idea if the person becomes an immovable tank, but they lose their own mobility.

During a riot you'll probably want to force everyone to either run away, or stun a fair number of people so the number of fighters drops.

Having some dudes in full out gear hold all the doors with their brick armor while one or two guys uses stun shotguns to knock a few stragglers out seems like a good plan. Just make riot shields worthless unless you want to be a stationary wall.
Here's my idea for a riot shield:

- super-huge, can't be put in a backpack, but can be worn on your back
- while holding it, thrown items do not hit you
- if you hit someone with it, it'll start trying to knock them out, styled like the chef's rolling pin (except not totally shit like that is)
- a harm-intent hit starts trying to properly bonk them to death, damage like a toolbox I guess
- maybe you can only hold one at a time idk

OK well that's it really, based for defense and no bonuses to not being able to be hit except by projectiles
note: because of the way tasers work they should also not hit a dude holding a riot shield SOMETIMES

idk if it'd be possible to code in some sort of limit so that you have to be facing the projectile but whatever
Sundance Wrote:~words~

Look, ever since you got HoS you've been working on streamlining security into the indesctructible unfun fortresses they used to be. This needs to stop. This thread is about removing lethal weapons from the armory, which of all people the HoS should need the least, but will significantly fuck over traitors who don't have any imagination or strategy beyond "well i could order 4 hybrid stun/lethal guns for 6 telecrystals".

So please:
- fuck riot shields
- fuck new ~special armor~
- fuck supercops

Thank you.
Riot shields were godawful. Riot armor was nearly useless and should hopefully have more of a purpose now.
I like the idea of having stun spackers in there. Hell, I might put in something a little more interesting than flashbangs too.
Marquesas Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:~words~

Look, ever since you got HoS you've been working on streamlining security into the indesctructible unfun fortresses they used to be. This needs to stop. This thread is about removing lethal weapons from the armory, which of all people the HoS should need the least, but will significantly fuck over traitors who don't have any imagination or strategy beyond "well i could order 4 hybrid stun/lethal guns for 6 telecrystals".

So please:
- fuck riot shields
- fuck new ~special armor~
- fuck supercops

Thank you.

Ugh, all that you needed was to sign off your post with your ign and that'd be grade A pretentiousness. What were you hoping to achieve with this post?
You need to stop thinking that your opinion is fact.
You need to stop being so personal. What agenda do I have? If your refering to what I think about the brig, then yes, I do believe it needs a little change here and there, but that's my opinion. I don't believe it to be fact.
Take some psychedelics or something, you need an ego break.
Oh for fuck's sake.
Y'know, I'm not actually against giving the HoS a phaser and two mods when the Captain has an energy gun and the armory is chock-full of beanbags, bully armor, and flashbangs.

Then again, if the HoS is running around with a SUPER SPECIAL GUN, as does the Captain, I, as well as anyone wearing the beret, should expect to be hunted down and duct-taped to a chair for the damn thing.

As for a riot shield? The idea is a-ok, the premise can get horrible if put into overwhelming numbers. Why not toss one in the Armory and let the traders supply the rest? I LOVE living walls and fat just isn't enough. If I'm hiding behind a sheet of reinforced metal with a handle, I sort of expect everyone to try and knock me down.
Make them beanbag guns instead but keep the stun.