Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove the Armory eguns. Replace them with... stuff
There are four extra eguns in the armory. They have the charge of two tasers in one item, can switch to laser and have the only drawback of taking long to recharge.
They are really too good of a weapon, and I think the only the captain needs one, since he is often a target and should have a better chance of defending himself even when someone gets the jump on him.

If you are a traitor, it's way easier to spawn an emag and get your guns at the armory, rather than trying to buy lasers or bribe them off the QMs.

If you are a hos, hunting changelings or vampires with a gun that can kill them off in two shots dramatically ups your chances of winning a 1 on 1 fight. And it's incredibly lame.

If you are a regular security officer you're never going to see eguns unless it's nuke and the syndies botch breaking into the armory.

Take the eguns out of the armory and replace them with lasers, if those lockers are meant to be used when deadly force is required. Or just more tasers if they are for emergencies where even one taser per officer is not enough.
If you really feel that the armory must contain something extremely valuable, maybe put back one shotgun with a limited supply of baton rounds (they might have a long stun, which could be tuned down to taser duration), whoever gets it has 7 shots instead of tasers' four.
I... Agree????

Providing security a supply of green spackers with baton rounds in emergency situations would make those situations feel a ton more dramatic for the crew, it'd be cool as a riot/emergency weapon and it could work in conjunction with other riot-based tools such as the marking-gun I suggested.

Getting rid of e-guns would actually make the head of security job a bit tenser, since half the time the HoS does have to rely on the e-gun for a situation. 8 rounds is generous and means you can fire it off a lot more useful than the tasers. The baton rounds in the spacker may load 7 but lack any initial means of being used lethally. That is the way I believe security should be - equipped for less-lethal and unprepared when deadly force is necessary. It also means ammo is finite - it can't simply be recharged for you to be good to go and requires the officer to count their ammo. An extra advantage is that it has less of a visual report than the taser's obnoxious glowing yellow bolt.

I suggested to Cogwerks a few days ago about how riot officers would often mark ring leaders with paint to pick them out later. This might be a really useful tool for officers to use if they need to deploy beepsky to a specific person that they may either have too little time to record the name of or may not even be on the manifest. It also allows people to identify jerks on sight, given they were marked. All it has to be is a flare-gun painted green that fires paint rounds and would colour whoever it hits with a random colour.

The head of security already has the methods necessary to order laser guns if the need arises. It shouldn't be as readily an available option it is.
Oh yes, this is outright great. Do this.
I also agree, on the condition that the HoS starts off with an egun in his locker. Sometimes you can spawn as HoS with no security at all, that can be pretty tough to say the least, you need something robust incase stuff goes to shit, especially if you join late in the round.

I like the idea of spackers loaded with safety rounds, but what advantage would this be over a taser?
I presume by baton round, you mean the syndicate pod baton shot, and not actually firing stun batons v
They cause brute damage and don't cause bleeding if i remember correctly? In that case, yes.

Also, fuck heavy armor. What's the point? I went around one round with heavy armor when a wizard was fireballing peeps and it still does shit-all when it comes to blast damage. Most of the time when you get caught up in a blast you die from the space tile that was blown from your feet.
Replace heavy armor with armored space suits.

Also, what do you think of riot shields? I personally think it'd be pretty cool if when having a riot shield in the hand, the clicking yourself with the help intent prompts a message:
Sundance Feely raises his riot shield!
The riot shield would block projectiles from which ever way you are facing (you are vunerable to getting hit at the side). The riot shield cannot be used when you are running, only when standing (maybe walking?) so it'd be shit if you are trying to chase someone.
No e-gun for the HoS.

Never introduce riot shields ever again oh my god.
No, the stun spacker should just stun. We're security, not barbarians.

Why do you want an energy gun in the HoS locker? For detainment you have 6 tasers available if there are no security officers, and if that is the case, you can always go to QM and get some lasers.

Armoured space suits. Riot shields. I don't know. The first one I don't see the point, the riot shields, if they have a significant disadvantage, I'd give it a shot. Yeah, actually no, it's too much effort to make this not overpowered.
Nautilus Wrote:No e-gun for the HoS.

Never introduce riot shields ever again oh my god.

Were they a thing once? How were they work back then?
I saw barricades on a certain server and thought that they were pretty lame, was that similar?

Also, I ain't budging on the idea that hos should have an egun. My argument is that they are often a bigger target than the captain in non operative round simply because of their armory access. That, and I normally use lasers to take out rogue beepsky's/guardbuddies. As far as I remember, bullets do not do damage, they just whizz over their little cute heads.

Marquesas Wrote:No, the stun spacker should just stun. We're security, not barbarians.

Why do you want an energy gun in the HoS locker? For detainment you have 6 tasers available if there are no security officers, and if that is the case, you can always go to QM and get some lasers.

Armoured space suits. Riot shields. I don't know. The first one I don't see the point, the riot shields, if they have a significant disadvantage, I'd give it a shot. Yeah, actually no, it's too much effort to make this not overpowered.

I ask again, what is the advantage over a stun spacker to a taser? Sure they have ammo that can be reloaded, but what if I have two tasers?

Armored spacesuits would be better than blast suits as they can resist the cold and take a bullet. Good against nuclear operatives and other peeps that are using space and have weapons.
Riot shields would exposed to flashbangs, stun batons, and flashes. You can't run/walk with it. That and it's on one hand while your gun is in the other, when you swap hands to fire, you automatically lower your shield exposing yourself. That sounds pretty disadvantaged if you ask me.
Riot shields were fucking terrible. Back in 2010, security were just given a bunch of tools including instant hit phasers and riot shields. Basically, the riot shield will block 80% of all melee and projectile hits but if you had 2 that'd increase your chances to somewhere near 95%. It made any wrestling with security dumb as hell, it made traitors completely at their mercy and security were completely able to just march around with impunity and do whatever the hell they want.

A security officer should be fit enough to survive with only their helmet and armor; it's more than most people have. Anything more just makes security horrible to interact with and lessens the overall agency of anyone playing roles other than security.

The point you made about securitrons and buddies being able to rip you apart is actually a good one. Security certainly requires something to deal with sabotage. I know that if you tase a buddy, they will be stunned for a small amount of time - perhaps increasing this time along with making beepsky susceptible to taser bolts too would give security some kind of leeway to disable the damn bots before they home in and stun the daylights out of them.

And yeah, remove the riot armor until the riot armor becomes useful.
So, which way are you folks leaning? Lasers in the armory, or stunround shotguns?
I'm working on making the EOD suits a lot better at the moment.
Nautilus Wrote:I... Agree????

Providing security a supply of green spackers with baton rounds in emergency situations would make those situations feel a ton more dramatic for the crew

Harmless is not in the goon dictionary. But it will piss people off so im up for trying this out.
I'd vote for Lasers. I don't think the station needs more stunning weapons.
I think stun-shotguns make a lot more sense. The idea of having riot control is to be ENTIRELY non-lethal, and then if it still escalates further it becomes a battlefield, not a riot. You don't see police forces bringing out actual bullets even in the most ridiculous of riots in real life, why would they in space?

Also, I don't think they should have the knockback the Spacker does, maybe reduce that.
If they need lasers, they can get them through the QM. Stun shotgun!

p.s. Sundance, you say the HoS is a target due to armory access - but that's because of the eguns we're talking about eliminating, so that's a strange point to be making.
the EOD armor/ spacesuit if thats what you guys want should be able to block laser fire like it does bullets.

ever seen that star wars scene where the princess gets hit by a blaster in the arm but doesn't immediately die?, i think that laser shots should actually be less effective on armored targets than bullets, but when you get hit by a laser shot your armor starts to disintegrate.

Also switch lasers to burn damage please?.
on top of that
for christ's sake, these suits are supposed to provide protection from bombs but can't protect you very much from joe mcpubbs smashing your face in with a fire extinguisher, sure he may not get many stuns, but the brute damage is still the same.

since the EOD suits provide nothing what you would think it would why not give it some serious advantages in an emergency situation?

for starters, the EOD suit should be impervious to flashbangs so that officers caught in a riot can use a Flash grenade without having to worry that they'll lag too much and the door will close in front of their face while they stumble around in the lag.