Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizard's Fireball
Again - so?
Don't you think a definite outright kill against anyone you hit is a bit much? Especially given that it's homing, can knock off arms, sets you on fire, and you can cast it even when handcuffed.
Except it isn't a definite kill, it has a cooldown and it attracts the wrath of the crew down on you. It's a pretty good bet against any solo person who isn't wearing armor, but you'll get rapidly swarmed and be screwed if you rely on fireball too much. You're more likely to survive it now too, at least in the short term.
Here's an idea for fireball, When you cast the spell it summons the 'ball' in your hand and you throw it and it explodes when it hits something?

Also you can set a motherfucker on fire by smooshing it on them in melee o snap that burn was fire
Also if you get tased or whatever you drop it and it explodes on you. Whoops.
Or when dropped (accidentally or otherwise) it sits for five seconds than explodes.
Or if you cast it while holding staff you get a better version that fires the stronger ball more like a laser (you click where you want it to go and you fire the staff in that direction) or if you smack someone it immolates them.
A charged staff working like a laser is where I always thought fireball should go. I'll see if it's possible to set up.
Cogwerks Wrote:A charged staff working like a laser is where I always thought fireball should go. I'll see if it's possible to set up.
Using fireball without a staff should cause it to spawn in your hands, constantly burning you until you get rid of it (and lighting you on fire).
Cogwerks Wrote:A charged staff working like a laser is where I always thought fireball should go. I'll see if it's possible to set up.

hm
[Image: YVOyZbr.png]
Don't mean to db, but just had a quick revision of the Pyromancy Staff (or Staff of Pyromancy, w/e)
Coloured the metal part, looks better I think
[Image: jK5pRkP.png]

It should work like stated, shoots like a fireball like a laser, has the same cooldown. When melee attacked, it hurts to the same effect as a lit welder.
So you want to make the fireball spell into a droppable, disarmable staff when it's basically a spell where you're required to take soulguard because you're guaranteed to hit yourself with it at least once?

If it's gonna be nerfed to that degree, I think people will probably just stop using it
All other spells have a use when you lose your staff, why not a changed fireball as well? With staff, functions like described. If you don't have your staff, hitting the Fireball spell button sets fire to a 5x5 area centered on yourself, and knocks down anyone in that area. It also doubles the cooldown.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:So you want to make the fireball spell into a droppable, disarmable staff when it's basically a spell where you're required to take soulguard because you're guaranteed to hit yourself with it at least once?

If it's gonna be nerfed to that degree, I think people will probably just stop using it

I'm not too sure about the "guaranteed to hit yourself" as being able to "shoot" the fireball at a tile/person/w/e sounds that you are less likely to hit yourself. That being said, your targets have a higher chance of dodging, which can only be a good thing, because fuck that tracking.
Have it so helpful melee hits, while harmful shoots the fireball.

Your other point is very much valid though, spending 1 extremely valuable crystal on something that could go missing sounds like a waste. This is also valid to the staff of clthulhu, because nobody bothers to pick it up because they all know what would happen, so instead they crate it and then disposal it.
For both staffs, there should be a "Summon Staff" spell, which basically teleports your staff to you.

Getting off the point a slight bit, but the staff of clthulhu could do with a buff. It's a strong weapon yes, but if you were going for the helpful melee hitsm a cool harmful ranged effect would be turning one of the opponents limbs against them for a period of time.

Also, if this is getting implemented, my ocd requires a 3rd staff, because 2 to me feels like an incomplete set.
Sundance Wrote:Also, if this is getting implemented, my ocd requires a 3rd staff, because 2 to me feels like an incomplete set.

But two is the perfect number for dual wielding. Once you add a third it becomes an awkward choice.

As for the actual staff idea, I like it but I agree that turning it into a spell that you can permanently lose to a janitor with a spray bottle is a little stupid. A summon staff command might make up for this but then creates the new problem of a wizard who can't lose his staff.