Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizard's Fireball
I was on full health, got hit and burned to crit before I recovered.

Is this not a bit much?
I fail to see the problem.
it's essentially a bomb that sets things on fire. it already has the drawback of at least half of all wizards end up hitting themselves with it. what did you have in mind?
But wizards that are actually worth their meddle will fuck up an entire station with the fireball spell alone.
Even then, if you meet a wizard in an empty hallway, he's on one side and you're on the other, you're practically instantly dead, because that fireball is not only fast, but it tracks you.

Potential fixes:
1) Remove the tracking. It's boring and shit. Instead when selected, the wizard can target a tile. This is much better because a) A player could dodge it and b) The wizard could choose to select a tile that's between a bunch of people, essentially hitting them all

or

2)Keep the tracking in, but change it so that it doesn't blow up, but the radius of the fire blast is alot bigger, the same size as if a fueltank burst. This way you don't instantly die, but it's still useful for setting err'body on fire

I prefer 1, but w/e.
What if his fireball spell was changed to be a Staff? Recharges like a radbow, means he can more easilly target who he wants but it's easy to take away, too.

seriously I once saw a handcuffed wizard kill like 6 people with just fireball, it's dumb
I like the first option. Not only could you do the whole "fireball between a group" but if you get some gasses flowing around, you can use your fireballs to explode them, rather than using a flame source. Style counts as a wiz kid.
Shooting a fireball at the ground sounds way better than what it is right now.
I'd like to see wizards carrying around plasma cans and blowing them up with fireballs. Maybe wizards would rush gas storage instead of the armory to get an edge on the crew
Or just have the fireball shoot out the direction you're facing.
I don't really have a huge problem with fireball the way it is, but if it were changed, I'd like to see it be tile-based. Having it shoot the direction you're facing would make it hard to multitask or even run away from your own fireballs if there's lag.
jflan17 Wrote:I don't really have a huge problem with fireball the way it is, but if it were changed, I'd like to see it be tile-based. Having it shoot the direction you're facing would make it hard to multitask or even run away from your own fireballs if there's lag.

It's really easy to switch the way you're facing, fart out a fireball and keep outrunning everyone. It's how the tg build works it's fireballs and I highly prefer it.
Only thing I don't like about fireballs is that it knocks you out on impact, causing the initial damage and setting the person on fire, when they cannot extinguish themselves. Maybe remove the knocking out power?
something that just happened to me there:

I got hit by a fireball in chemistry, didn't lose any arms, firebot extinguished me, but I still went into crit and died shortly after.

This is far, far too overpowered
I disagree. Fireball really isn't as powerful as you make it sound and wizards are supposed to be a serious threat. Half the time the fireball fucks up and tries to track someone around a corner while the rest of the crew is beating the wizard to death... or the person who got fireballed somehow manages to get right up again and oh no they have a laser because everyone buys lasers in wizard rounds.
But you can't survive beyond the standing-up, especially if you get an arm blown off too. If the wizard doesn't get hit by his own fireball, and you're not packing a gun or something heavy, you're outright dead.