Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lord Doom and Btek: What is the difference?
Hey all you Btek supporters hop on over to this page help push forward to VICTORY!!!
Other people's bans are none of your concern. If you idiots don't shut up with this cult of personality shit, more bans will be going out.
I actually think the name ban was a good idea.

Goonstation players get attached to certian names, in most servers each round is expected to be a blank slate, If someone repeatedly acts the same way and people get used to it, and they just treat the round as an extension of any other round, it's not really a blank slate.

If people are less likely to react to someone like Kingston assaulting captain and stealing his ID because "It's just what kingston does" that ruins rounds because instead of investigating a potential traitor or griefer, people are just encouraging the behavior by inaction.

TL;DR By ignoring stupid behavior because of someone's in game name, you are metagaming, please stop crying about Btek.
Cogwerks Wrote:Other people's bans are none of your concern. If you idiots don't shut up with this cult of personality shit, more bans will be going out.
Did he really have a cult of personality? I only ever saw like one guy help Quinton just for being Quinton. Everyone else was just like "oh hey there's Quinton, being a dick as usual".
I'm not complaining about the ban, by the way, although I do find it kind of pointless since if you see a scientist/RD with a giant afro and it isn't Dylan Ring, it's pretty obviously Btek.
Dauntasa Wrote:Did he really have a cult of personality? I only ever saw like one guy help Quinton just for being Quinton. Everyone else was just like "oh hey there's Quinton, being a dick as usual".

This. I generally despise Dauntasa, but he's right in this case. Except I like to think people were really thinking "He'll escape from (some horrific situation). I believe in him!".

Also, get a 'fro bro.
What is up with all these dumb debates lately? Since the new forums have come up there have been so many stupid posts.

Also does lorde doom even play anymore?
Fautzo Wrote:does lorde doom even play anymore?
Hes been hanging out on the IRC lately
He has always been in the #spacestation13 IRC (ever since like last november he's been there 24/7). Now I guess he's been accepted back into #goonstation because he's been in there lately too.
Lorde Doome was back a few months ago, I remember this specifically cause traitors kept ruining my Lorde Doome bashing Sec Abuse, then medics actually helped him instead of injecting him with suicider.
Why are we talking about them like superhero's or villains?

Who would win in a head on head battle, lord doome or btek?

really to me, it is a bit weird to compare players and defend them or praise them purely based on reputation.

I never even knew btek had any kind of reputation, i thought he was just that guy with the fly afro who murders dudes.

Are we seriously making cults of personality and using their names like trading cards?

Although if all the "popular" players had trading cards i would buy the shit out of them.

sorry if i am horribly off, i just woke up, like six in the morning, also playing a bit of DF.
You know reading these forums off and on for the last month it seems pretty apparent that people form the strongest bonds with people who kick their ass all the time.

It's even weirder because pretty much all of these bonds are one-way. I'd be surprised if Lord Doom/btek/whoever the fuck else is in this conversation from bizarro land had any goddamn idea who 10% of you are.

I have no idea what a psychologist would call this phenomenon. All I know is it's fucking creepy.
Coolguye Wrote:I have no idea what a psychologist would call this phenomenon.

Stockholm Syndrome, or perhaps Battered Person Syndrome. The urge to believe that someone hurts you because they love you, or in this case, the urge to think they're awesome because they kill you and rob you on a regular basis.

It also spreads between players. You have the people who declare them awesome, let's say 2-3 of them. They do nothing to refute this, and the vocal minority scream their praises loud enough that those who are easily swayed by peer pressure and the urge to fit in follow along.

Also holy fuck I'm psychoanalyzing the playerbase of this game what is wrong with me. Can we just close this terrible topic and never think about it again?
FYI, I'm like the Kite Man to Lord Doom's Bat-Man.

I don't deserve/want all this attention. I just want to play the fucking game without some insignificant prick whining about me shoving him/her out of the way. If you have a problem with the way I go about my business, instead of whining about me in the SA thread which i can't see, take it out on me IN GAME. If i deserve to be killed, i certainly won't whine about it if you manage to kill me.

Even then, It's uncommon for me to do such base acts.

Coolguye Wrote:You know reading these forums off and on for the last month it seems pretty apparent that people form the strongest bonds with people who kick their ass all the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case. People used to fight back. I'd win a lot of the time, so nowadays, everyone just resorts to immediately adminhelping my petty ID theft / mugging. Sometimes, I'll give said ID right back Even my murders as a traitor apparently get adminhelp'd simply because I usually use conventional methods without even spawning any traitor gear.

and good fucking LORD:

quinton boeggles says, "hey dude, might want to leave this room. I'm gassing stuff that'll give you kuru"
some dumb asshole says, "oh it's ok. i have internals nuub. internals protect against stuff liek that"
quinton boeggles says, "not with disease causing agents. I'll give you 3 seconds. 3 2 1"
Gas chemicals
some dumb asshole laughs uncontrollably!
some dumb asshole gasps, "griff"
some dumb asshole seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless.
quinton boeggles says, "dumbass"

--later shows up in the SA thread.

Also, stop complaining when a traitor weaponizes prions. No seriously, go fuck yourselves.