Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lord Doom and Btek: What is the difference?
How does Lord Doom get a free law based off him, but btek gets a name ban instead? It is not right to give someone privilege for doing one thing, and to punish another person for doing the same thing? Btek has been quite unique in his actions, and should not be punished for his ways.
If you read the Lorde Doome Clause, it specifically says that only he can have it. Btek, not being Lorde Doome, doesn't get the clause. It's the same reason Zorato and Kingston don't get it. Doome is a special case. All of the shit about Btek getting custom name banned is stupid. It's a minor thing, and honestly doesn't change his game at all save for not having people metagame to make his fun at the expense of others easier. Using the fact that you know a person from another round as a reason to let them do whatever the fuck they want is shitty, and while his appearance won't change, the name will. This helps remove a portion of the shittery.
I didn't realize Btek getting a ten day custom name ban makes him just like Lord Doome. If anyone with a custom name acts shitty over a long term period of time gets a Lorde Doome clause, then everyone would have custom names and act like shit just to earn the clause.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I didn't realize Btek getting a ten day custom name ban makes him just like Lord Doome. If anyone with a custom name acts shitty over a long term period of time gets a Lorde Doome clause, then everyone would have custom names and act like shit just to earn the clause.
Uhm, i dont think you "earn" clauses, they're not really a thing you would want to have, nor something to be proud of.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I didn't realize Btek getting a ten day custom name ban makes him just like Lord Doome. If anyone with a custom name acts shitty over a long term period of time gets a Lorde Doome clause, then everyone would have custom names and act like shit just to earn the clause.
Re-read my post. I specifically said that he doesn't get a Lorde Doome Clause because he's not the same. The question was "What is the difference" the answer is "They're not the same at all." I don't think you've read the Lorde Doome Clause. It states that he can do whatever he wants, but you can do the same back to him. Btek doesn't get to get away with his shittery because he isn't Lorde Doome, simple as that. That is the difference.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Re-read my post. I specifically said that he doesn't get a Lorde Doome Clause because he's not the same. The question was "What is the difference" the answer is "They're not the same at all." I don't think you've read the Lorde Doome Clause. It states that he can do whatever he wants, but you can do the same back to him. Btek doesn't get to get away with his shittery because he isn't Lorde Doome, simple as that. That is the difference.

Right that's what I meant in my post, I was trying to say that people who try to act like Lord Doome would sooner get perma-banned than given their own clause to the rules.
What the fuck is this
I'm honored that you guys would ever think to compare me, an undeserving and unrepentant douche-bag with the epitome of greatness that is lord doom.

goes to show that someone out there still keeps me close to their heart.

<3 i love you too.

Nubcake Wrote:What the fuck is this

Philosophical excellence.
Definitely not comparing, contrasting. We're saying you're not him.
I'm pretty sure lorde doome is/was an admin, so he got away with a lot more.

Plus I'm pretty sure the exact wording of the lorde doome clause is this.

"Lorde doome can do whatever he wants to you, but in return you can do whatever you want to him."
Doom's a shitguy. His only admin power is gibself.
Dauntasa Wrote:Doom's a shitguy. His only admin power is gibself.
false, shitguy is the level right below coder, he is goatfart
Btek, Kingston and the other guy that was mentioned aren't/weren't ever slightly funny in any way. They are/were a minor inconvenience that tried to be funny or just dicked around for their own amusement. Lord Doom was amusing. Comparing the three to him makes no sense whatsoever.
Doome takes grief to a level of artistry. Btek and Kingston? :roll:

There's a rule against forming a cult of personality around specific players and/or jobs. If you're constantly starting shit and half the competent players on the station will rush to your defense with no investigation because "oh, I know that guy's afro" there's a problem. I know I've done that in the past, welp. A lot of us have, but basically don't be a selfish jerk and expect your reputation to bail you out all the time!

There's a difference between popular players and disruptive cliquey players, it's not good to be the latter.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Right that's what I meant in my post, I was trying to say that people who try to act like Lord Doome would sooner get perma-banned than given their own clause to the rules.

I'm getting the feeling you haven't met Lord Doome. He is fun incarnate, he can not cause less fun when he is actually playing and infects everything he touches with fun. If he kills you during the course of his fun it will never be a shitty death that causes you to quote professional wrestlers and snap your key board in two. It will be a glorious death and one worth bragging about in dead chat. Today you stood up against the whirlwind that is Lord Doome and came away as part of the legion he a passed wind on top of.