Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.3 Average
Medical patch should have an application delay for non-doctors
(01-15-2019, 07:49 AM)Prichard Wrote: What if styp/sulf patches didnt work if there is already styp/sulf in your blood. Specifically to nullify patch spam

I feel like that would be unintuitive and lead to a lot of doctors spamming patches on people and then being confused as to why it's not working, and would only kind of nerf styptic in a combat-situation as you still get 40 points of burn and brute if you don't have styptic or silver in your bloodstream, and out of combat it wouldn't really matter because styptic and silver would still be the way people healed.

I also don't think delays are that clunky or out of place. Lots of things that you shouldn't be able to do instantly have delays currently, such as stripping people and forcing people to take pills. The core idea is to make healing specifically in combat or when rapidly taking damage (ie: on fire) less effective than it is now while also making doctors exactly as capable of healing others as they are now. I also don't want doctors to be a necessary way to heal yourself fully, as there often isn't a doctor on lowpop. I just think that doctors should be significantly more helpful at healing you, not essential. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Medical patch should have an application delay for non-doctors - by Flaborized - 01-15-2019, 12:07 PM