Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.3 Average
Medical patch should have an application delay for non-doctors
(01-14-2019, 06:06 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 04:27 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Honestly, I like the idea of just making styptic and sulf less effective. Make people go to medbay to get fully healed in sleepers or the cryotubes

I think the problem isn't in the medicine, but the fact that there's so little wiggle room for injury. Anything above crit is an inconvenience, anything below crit is a dire emergency. I mean, shallow crit is great, you're jacked up to frick and need help, but it advances so quickly that you'd better already be in medbay if you want to use anything other than patches and epi.

Seriously, most of the time you're just better off cloning someone that'd take more than a few patches to fix.

This is outside the scope of this thread, but one idea I had once in regards to health and damage was along the lines of making people generally beefier and able to take more damage overall, but as their health drops down they roll for semi-random trauma statues to be applied to them. These would only be removable by medical treatment provided by a doctor, even if you heal back from them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Medical patch should have an application delay for non-doctors - by Frank_Stein - 01-14-2019, 06:28 PM