Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Matsci ideas thread
Lightbulb 
Keelin expressed interest in the discord for more matsci ideas, so feel free to post them here.

My main idea is having the density of spear/arrow shafts determine their stamina damage.
Obviously we need a material that makes you fart.

Hilarious, butt deadly. Yes, I'm 12. No u.
(11-16-2018, 09:55 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Obviously we need a material that makes you fart.

Hilarious, butt deadly. Yes, I'm 12. No u.

You can already make fartonium-infused items, though
I'd love more buildable components, as well as being able to disassemble items to break them into base components.

For instance, smashing a clock to get gears and springs that you could repurpose into building a trap
Taking stuff from the discord:
vanity clothing like capes, dresses, chaps, gis, bandanas, monocles, robes etc.
kitchen equipment like plates, knives, forks, bowls, glasses, rolling pins, etc.
paper-equivalent sheets so erebite paper airplanes can be a thing
syringes
shoes
skateboards

Stuff not from the discord:
inflatable hammers
dice
coins
prosthetic organs and limbs
(11-16-2018, 10:03 AM)MrMagolor Wrote: You can already make fartonium-infused items, though
I honestly don't remember a 10'th of what I knew. Chem, mechanics, matsci, telsci. I just love the idea of butt-traps.
those rubber mats that erev suggested
Different materials handling exposure to heat differently.

Metallic materials being more heat resistant, plastics releasing bad fumes, and fatty organic things burn longer
Also, just a reminder, keelin liked the idea of capacitance
Edibility. (Edibleness?)
Determines how easy it is to eat a material.
For a more physics-based property, there could be specific heat of various materials with the object's thermal capacity being determined by its volume (somehow, there's multiple ways this could be done)
now that we have a liquids mechanic, mixed with heat of materials could we have high heats liquify walls and floor tiles maybe?
(11-19-2018, 06:22 AM)Recusor Wrote: now that we have a liquids mechanic, mixed with heat of materials could we have high heats liquify walls and floor tiles maybe?

Performing floor matsci. Get some materials, heat them until they liquefy, have them flow into each other, and create alloys that way. 100% not a terrible idea for many, many reasons.

Or just arc smelt materials together in a bathtub. Run a live wire into the bathtub, dump in stuff, and watch them melt!
Good stuff, will work on this when i have some more time.
Adding material support to cyborgs took more time than i expected unfortunately.
(11-19-2018, 10:32 AM)Keelin Wrote: Good stuff, will work on this when i have some more time.
Adding material support to cyborgs took more time than i expected unfortunately.

Yeah, tell me about it.

I tried that once.