Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge.
Just require the pods for cosmetic junk, module swapping, and repairs.
Well, as an additional way to charge, sure, but not straight up replacing the pods.
This actually makes alot of sense to me. the pods are still invaluable for repairs etc, but being a deaf hunk of junk looking for a pod kinda sucks
Probably just could add a function to the cell cables which reverse the flow of electricity, either from the borg into the cell or the cell into the borg.
Maybe also walking through electrified grills should give a slight recharge, just enough to give a few moments of communication that you need someone to change your electrodiaper.
I'm fine with the pods retaining their charging function, I just want borgs to have APC charging as an option. This can also lead to Fun ™ when a borg drains an APC someone was using for something "important" (like, say, genetics, or telsci).
(10-24-2018, 04:19 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Probably just could add a function to the cell cables which reverse the flow of electricity, either from the borg into the cell or the cell into the borg.

I absolutely love the idea of a borg being able to wire themselves into a room to provide power without a human using their fleshy inferior hands to insert and remove the powercell. I think an important question would be what the rate of transfer would be?

Definitely an interesting tool for a rogue borg who is trying to drain an APC on purpose.
(10-24-2018, 04:19 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Probably just could add a function to the cell cables which reverse the flow of electricity, either from the borg into the cell or the cell into the borg.

Imagine plugging your taser into a brobocop to recharge it on the go

(10-24-2018, 04:31 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Maybe also walking through electrified grills should give a slight recharge, just enough to give a few moments of communication that you need someone to change your electrodiaper.

+1
Walking over a grille over and over to charge your batteries is exactly stupid enough for Goonstation.
Any sort of electrical shock should recharge borgs. Grilles, biomagnetic fields, TEG sparks, tasers, voltagen, electrocuted doors, etc. And I love the idea of stuffing your taser into a borg to recharge it!
(10-26-2018, 04:11 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Any sort of electrical shock should recharge borgs. Grilles, biomagnetic fields, TEG sparks, tasers, voltagen, electrocuted doors, etc. And I love the idea of stuffing your taser into a borg to recharge it!

What about emags?

Power gloves of course should still have killing power on borgs.
For those that don't look at the patches forum, I made a patch for this.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=11228

It only includes stuff for the main idea, using the "Cell-Cables" item to charge both borgs/APCs. If someone wants to add the rest of these suggestions to that patch brach, you're free to do so. I stopped before I noticed the posts about electrified grills and whatnot. It's probably easier for borgs to find an apc than an electrified grille anyway.
I'm fine with just the APC charging being added, the other stuff is silly.