Goonstation Forums
Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. (/showthread.php?tid=11216)

Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - Berrik - 10-23-2018

Just require the pods for cosmetic junk, module swapping, and repairs.

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - aft2001 - 10-24-2018

Well, as an additional way to charge, sure, but not straight up replacing the pods.

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - Recusor - 10-24-2018

This actually makes alot of sense to me. the pods are still invaluable for repairs etc, but being a deaf hunk of junk looking for a pod kinda sucks

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - aft2001 - 10-24-2018

Probably just could add a function to the cell cables which reverse the flow of electricity, either from the borg into the cell or the cell into the borg.

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - Superlagg - 10-24-2018

Maybe also walking through electrified grills should give a slight recharge, just enough to give a few moments of communication that you need someone to change your electrodiaper.

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - Berrik - 10-24-2018

I'm fine with the pods retaining their charging function, I just want borgs to have APC charging as an option. This can also lead to Fun ™ when a borg drains an APC someone was using for something "important" (like, say, genetics, or telsci).

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - Recusor - 10-24-2018

(10-24-2018, 04:19 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Probably just could add a function to the cell cables which reverse the flow of electricity, either from the borg into the cell or the cell into the borg.

I absolutely love the idea of a borg being able to wire themselves into a room to provide power without a human using their fleshy inferior hands to insert and remove the powercell. I think an important question would be what the rate of transfer would be?

Definitely an interesting tool for a rogue borg who is trying to drain an APC on purpose.

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - Frank_Stein - 10-24-2018

(10-24-2018, 04:19 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Probably just could add a function to the cell cables which reverse the flow of electricity, either from the borg into the cell or the cell into the borg.

Imagine plugging your taser into a brobocop to recharge it on the go

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - NateTheSquid - 10-25-2018

(10-24-2018, 04:31 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Maybe also walking through electrified grills should give a slight recharge, just enough to give a few moments of communication that you need someone to change your electrodiaper.

+1

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - LuigiThirty - 10-26-2018

Walking over a grille over and over to charge your batteries is exactly stupid enough for Goonstation.

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - aft2001 - 10-26-2018

Any sort of electrical shock should recharge borgs. Grilles, biomagnetic fields, TEG sparks, tasers, voltagen, electrocuted doors, etc. And I love the idea of stuffing your taser into a borg to recharge it!

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - MrMagolor - 10-26-2018

(10-26-2018, 04:11 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Any sort of electrical shock should recharge borgs. Grilles, biomagnetic fields, TEG sparks, tasers, voltagen, electrocuted doors, etc. And I love the idea of stuffing your taser into a borg to recharge it!

What about emags?

Power gloves of course should still have killing power on borgs.

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - kyle2143 - 10-26-2018

For those that don't look at the patches forum, I made a patch for this.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=11228

It only includes stuff for the main idea, using the "Cell-Cables" item to charge both borgs/APCs. If someone wants to add the rest of these suggestions to that patch brach, you're free to do so. I stopped before I noticed the posts about electrified grills and whatnot. It's probably easier for borgs to find an apc than an electrified grille anyway.

RE: Borgs should be able to jack into APCs to recharge. - Berrik - 10-27-2018

I'm fine with just the APC charging being added, the other stuff is silly.