Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scribe Scroll Suggestion 2.0
pizzatiger Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I've been thinking... what if scrolls were sold to you by a VENDOR? A merchant that likes to buy strange, magicalish items that might occasionally change up and vend the scrolls that pizzatiger is suggesting.

Each scroll has a failure percentage that lowers by wearing/holding magical-propertied clothing and items (akavl wizard robes, koshamarite armor, etc.) And should obviously always come to a very low percentage for the average wizard.

Make the vender somewhat public and maybe spacemen can mine magical clothes during other round types and become psuedo wizards

A vender would kinda be too much.......I like your original idea of it being a spell you can buy better....Just make it a 2-4 points spell that allows you to make a bunch of cool scrolls

Kind of like a surplus crate for wizmen? Sounds good.
Ikkonoishi Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I've been thinking... what if scrolls were sold to you by a VENDOR? A merchant that likes to buy strange, magicalish items that might occasionally change up and vend the scrolls that pizzatiger is suggesting.

Each scroll has a failure percentage that lowers by wearing/holding magical-propertied clothing and items (akavl wizard robes, koshamarite armor, etc.) And should obviously always come to a very low percentage for the average wizard.

Make the vender somewhat public and maybe spacemen can mine magical clothes during other round types and become psuedo wizards

A vender would kinda be too much.......I like your original idea of it being a spell you can buy better....Just make it a 2-4 points spell that allows you to make a bunch of cool scrolls

Kind of like a surplus crate for wizmen? Sounds good.

Yeah....a bunch of weak items BUT instead of it being random you have to take the time and effort to make the scrolls
I use the Animate dead scroll to reanimate this thread.

I still think that the wizard should get a 2-4 point skill that allows you to use the magic pen to make scrolls filled with unique spells that you can't buy in the book and some of the weaker spells/spells nerfed to become weaker like a cluwne scoll that only gives them the cluwne virus which CAN be removed by simple chems
What if scrolls had an overcharge effect.

Fireball 5 times blows up in your face and perhaps sets everything including you on fire.

That cluwne spell causes you and everyone around you to become a cluwne.

the Magic wall spell fills the area with forcefields. to the point that nobody can move until the spell wears off.

That teleport spell could let you increase the time you spend moving around invisibly, but on maximum charge it causes everyone near you to teleport on your tile like some kind of magic wormhole.

Wizard could overcharge the scroll, leave it somewhere so that someone tries to weaponize it on the wizard and blows up in their face.
My idea for scrolls:
1 wizard spell gives you a box of 7 scrolls. Each can be imbued with one spell off the wizard list (same selection procedure as with the grimoire; not limited to spells you picked and with Phase Shift, Clairvoyance and Magic Missile on the available list) and lets you cast the spell on the scroll once. After casting the spell on the scroll, you get a scroll cooldown equal to the usual cooldown for the spell. While on scroll cooldown, you can't cast from scrolls but can cast other spells, including the spell you just cast from scroll. Magic Scrolls can be used by anyone, even non-wizards.

Uses:
-Cast Fireball normally, then cast Fireball again from a scroll for double fireballings.
-Only want to open a couple things? Take 2 Knock scrolls and fill the rest with Rathen's Secret.
-Hardmode Wizard: You only get 28 spells, but they're any spell you want.
-Emergency Backup Phase Shift, in case you need to get out really fast.
-Hand out Cluwne spells to staff assistants! Watch the crew Cluwne itself!
Whilst part of the charm of the wizard is in it's power to take on a load of people and be a huge danger to the station, itd be nice to see the wizard play differently. Perhaps wizards could be made weaker and more scroll based like is being suggested. And the current style wizard could be upgraded to archwizards or something.
So.
Wizard=
  • normal wizard clothes.
  • Magic pen which can write on paper to make scrolls.
  • Long wizard beard
  • normal staff

Archwizard=
  • Fancy Archwizard clothes
  • Grimoire with 3 spells
  • Teleport scroll
  • Reaally long super archwizard beard.
  • Fancy Archwizard staff
Would mean normal wizards show up in mixed. Archwizards show up like wizards do currently.
salix_catus Wrote:Whilst part of the charm of the wizard is in it's power to take on a load of people and be a huge danger to the station, itd be nice to see the wizard play differently. Perhaps wizards could be made weaker and more scroll based like is being suggested. And the current style wizard could be upgraded to archwizards or something.
So.
Wizard=
  • normal wizard clothes.
  • Long wizard beard
  • normal staff
  • A magic book for storing scrolls

Archwizard=
  • Grimoire with 4 spells
  • Teleport scroll
  • Fancy Archwizard staff
  • Random picked mob to be your minion/pet. It will only attack non-wizards and can't leave the shuttle.It's mostly for bragging to the crew about your awesome -randomly picked creature- pet

(Added and changed a few things in your list)-Pizzatiger
Suggestion -What if by completing all the objectives you and your fellow wizards are assigned all surviving wizards are given an Arch-Wizard token which they can use to become an Archwizard- Only problem i can see is what do Archwizards get when they complete their objectives (Which should be unique and seperate from the training rituals those normal scrub wizards get)

I really like this idea on having a wizard be some kinda trainy who has to rely of scolls (Which anyone can use) to fight and by completing their ritual they become all powerful Archwizards next time they get a wizard round . T

The only problem i can see is that we would need Alot more unique scrolls ideas that are both silly and useful to flesh out the whole idea to allow them to complete their objectives
salix_catus Wrote:Whilst part of the charm of the wizard is in it's power to take on a load of people and be a huge danger to the station, itd be nice to see the wizard play differently. Perhaps wizards could be made weaker and more scroll based like is being suggested. And the current style wizard could be upgraded to archwizards or something.
So.
Wizard=
  • normal wizard clothes.
  • Long wizard beard
  • normal staff

Archwizard=
  • Grimoire with 4 spells
  • Teleport scroll
  • Fancy Archwizard staff
  • Random picked mob to be your minion/pet. It will only attack non-wizards and can't leave the shuttle.It's mostly for bragging to the crew about your awesome -randomly picked creature- pet

(Added and changed a few things in your list)-Pizzatiger
Suggestion -What if by completing all the objectives you and your fellow wizards are assigned all surviving wizards are given an Arch-Wizard token which they can use to become an Archwizard- Only problem i can see is what do Archwizards get when they complete their objectives (Which should be unique and seperate from the training rituals those normal scrub wizards get)

I really like this idea on having a wizard be some kinda trainy who has to rely of scolls (Which anyone can use) to fight and by completing their ritual they become all powerful Archwizards next time they get a wizard round . T

The only problem i can see is that we would need Alot more unique scrolls ideas that are both silly and useful to flesh out the whole idea to allow them to complete their objectives
So.
Wizard=
  • normal wizard clothes.
  • Long wizard beard
  • normal staff

Archwizard=
  • Grimoire with 3 spells
  • Teleport scroll
  • Fancy Archwizard staff
Would mean normal wizards show up in mixed. Archwizards show up like wizards do currently.
I like this idea