Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major MechComp powernet networking component doesnt want to work right with the nuke
See title.
I've honestly tried everything.
I connect with the MechNet (mechcomp powernetworking component as said when using term_ping) to the nuke (using term_connect) and ensure that I actually connected.
I send the correct packet (
Code:
address_1=02022e93; data=(command=settime&time=31); command=term_message; sender=02022958;
).
I check the packet sniffer ( comes out as
Code:
address_1=02022e93; data=command=settime&time=31; command=term_message; sender=02022958;
) and it is COMPLETELY IDENTICAL to the packet that is sent when you connecting with a DWAINE terminal to the nuke (
Code:
address_1=02022e93; data=command=settime&time=31; command=term_message; sender=0200e1a4;
) which DOES work and SETS THE TIME and GETS A REPLY while the packet i send from the MechNet DOESNT set the time and DOESNT get a reply.
Same applies to trying to activate the nuke. The address_1 and sender are absolutely correct, I used a term_connect command with the same sender and address and it DID connect. I tried sending a packet like
Code:
address_1=02022e93&data=command=act&auth=%some master pass%&command=term_message&sender=02022958
, but it (at least) replied and gave me the bad auth error, even though the master pass WAS correct. The packet came out as
Code:
address_1=02022e93; data=command=act; auth=%maste pass%; command=term_message; sender=02022958
Newlines and code tags are a thing, for the sake of the sanity of whatever coder looks at this would you mind editing to use them?
The packet sent to arm a nuke from nukeman is

Command=act&auth=[heads pass]&session=[sessionid]

Where session ID is the time of day modulus 100 and then a number 0-9

You didn't include a session ID at all. No idea if it's actually needed though
Session ID isn't needed.
I *know* the packet is correct because I sent a packet from the terminal to the nuke and it ACTIVATED it or SET THE TIME. What you sent isn't the full packet, it's just the data part of it. When I do it from the MechNet component - it doesn't do anything. Sure, you can connect, but it WON'T set the time or activate the nuke.
It took me a looooong while to figure this out. But, it's totally possible to talk with the nuke using the powernet. It sure is a challenge!

This can all be explained with one word, Dwaine.  Argh!
The fact that sending the exact packet needed doesnt yield a reply or anything is still a bug, though.
(08-24-2018, 01:35 AM)drWoof Wrote: The fact that sending the exact packet needed doesnt yield a reply or anything is still a bug, though.

It does! You just need to know how, where, from and to send it! 

p.s. Disclaimer: Honest opinion here. This is only worthwhile if you're after a mind-numbing challenge. If you really want to blow up the station I suggest just wiring a nuke up directly to the station and setting it off with a terminal as usual. Much less time and effort given that the solution isn't very practical. Alternatively, utilise canbombs.
Still, looking at the nuke code it doesnt SEEM like there is a reason for it not to work like I tried to make it to work.
Unless the nuke code got changed somewhere along the way.