Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermals & Cloaks
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:How about an overlay that goes over a player sprite when you can't see him due to darkness/being behind a wall?
[Image: NWhYBFJ.png]
The overlay makes the player appear as unknown. You cannot see what the player is doing or equipped.
When you are in visible range, the overlay goes away, so you can see who that player is, so it's not totally nerfed to shit (i.e: walking down a hallway and everyone you pass is unknown).
this is really how thermals should work

This.

I killed the fucking shit out of a guy named Sebastian Squid using the thermals as the detective. I used the thermals to line up my shots. Were this not the case, I would have had a more difficult time taking him out.

(The thermals are ridiculous for lining up shots as a detective. Darkness be DAMNED!)
APARTHEID Wrote:(The thermals are ridiculous for lining up shots as a detective. Darkness be DAMNED!)

i know this isn't the thread for it, but why the FUCK can my spaceman still not just blindfire into darkness?
CaptainBravo Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:(The thermals are ridiculous for lining up shots as a detective. Darkness be DAMNED!)

i know this isn't the thread for it, but why the FUCK can my spaceman still not just blindfire into darkness?

TELL ME ABOUT IT.

Tell the world about it because DAMN. I think firefights would be far better were we able to shoot more blindly.
APARTHEID Wrote:
CaptainBravo Wrote:

TELL ME ABOUT IT.

Tell the world about it because DAMN. I think firefights would be far better were we able to shoot more blindly.

THIS BANDWAGON. I'M JUMPING ON IT.

It's so fucking frustrating to be running through a dark maintenance tunnel and KNOWING that a guy is three squares ahead and slightly to the right but not being able to fucking fire at him. Why? because... DERP, CAN'T SEE I GUESS I CAN'T SHOOT.
APARTHEID Wrote:
CaptainBravo Wrote:

TELL ME ABOUT IT.

Room for one more? Seriously. I do not understand it at all. Is this Byond being shity, or coders doing this for a purpose? If so, I really think this game does NOT need this. I mean, shooting in the dark as a loose cannon traitor detective would be amazing, IF YOU COULD SHOOT INTO THE DARKNESS!

There are times when I corner beasties or players and I need to take them out, but the wall beyond them prevents a shot going off. I can't click them without pistol whipping them and it sucks. Fellen because I could not shoot at the darkness. in summation, a bad thing.
Okay, let me (PUN ALERT) shed some light on this. You can only shoot if you click at something. The darkness BYOND generates for you is not *something* - clicking on it doesn't even register. There would be hacky ways to get around this but in that case there would be hacky ways to get around the darkness.

Or at least that is what I believe happens. Correct me if I'm wrong.
That's pretty much it. This is also why being blind as a geneticist without VISORS sucks. You can't click the modifier to get a SE syringe, and even if you had one, you can't click yourself to inject it.
david2222121 Wrote:That's pretty much it. This is also why being blind as a geneticist without VISORS sucks. You can't click the modifier to get a SE syringe, and even if you had one, you can't click yourself to inject it.
This is no longer a problem.
make thermals pick up farts
Purdie Wrote:make thermals pick up farts
Fart to remain cloaked.