Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Players with like-accents should be able to understand others with that accent
The translator implant oughta only translate accents into other accents. Unless its emagged.
(08-04-2018, 09:19 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 08:14 AM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 04:34 AM)MrMagolor Wrote: What if people actually decided to try and learn to understand accents (Except Gyrus X of course)instead of trying to make it auto-translate for lazy people?

Why revamp pathology to not randomly destroy samples and be more user friendly? If people are too lazy to put in the effort like a true Gamer™, why do they deserve the same fun as me?

That's a completely different scenario.

Pathology's arbitrary and random sample destruction was an unfun game mechanic that punished you regardless of your level of expertise or familiarity with the game. Accents add humor and flavor to the game and can (for the most part) be easily understood with even a minimal amount of experience.

That having been said, while I disagree with your method of argumentation, I do support making a translation implant. It'd be cool and science-y and could help with the more outlandish "accents" like reversed text or yee speak

I mean isn't that sort of what a machine translator is for?
Add a mutation to genetics, something like Super-linguist:this boosts Wernicke's/Broca's area and let's you understand (or speech) languages/accents
I'd say using an inintelligible accent on the server is a thing you deserve if you're able to understand it in the first place. Why should you have no trouble understanding the inintelligible speech with a translator when you're making the rest of the station suffer with it