Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Should I revive Butterfly?
Couple of bits, not sure if flat-out missing or just not done yet, and no worries on either count.
  • That big #-sign shape corridor needs compartmentalizing - namely regular airlocks at intervals. Think "Donut 2" in terms of "one hole causes the whole thing to depressurize". Breaking it up with airlocks will help a lot with that. There's firelocks around, not sure if you plan to put actual airlocks on those as well.
  • Most departments could use messing-up a little in terms of the straight edges, probably with a bit of extra maint.
  • There's not really alternative routes anywhere. Consider adding a couple of catwalks in space between the "arms" of the station, a la Cog 1's east side. Some could be official looking, some could be in a bit of extra maint. Reasoning is to provide alternative routes between places, even if they come with a little more risk.
  • A lot of areas are just one window away from the cold vacuum of space. Windows are cool, but I feel like you might have overused them a bit. There should be places I can go that are out of sight of the main corridors.
  • Consider adding cryostorage instead of an arrivals shuttle. I assure you this is significantly better for the RP server, and given its size the map itself would probably be decently scaled for RP.
  • Double check the positioning of the turrets in the AI chamber. I think they may just end up hitting the glass if they're aiming at anything that's not quite in the doorway.
  • AI chamber flow is interesting: bridge, boards, upload, AI. I feel like you could shuffle things around a bit to cut down on space usage.
  • Putting the AI chamber right next to disposals means it's going to be even easier to bomb, as you can just flush your bomb. Not really got a solution for this that doesn't involve quite a lot of shuffling.
  • Pathology could use a few-square-large airlock between the door to it and the actual lab (so the bit wit the bio suits could be its own separate room). See: Destiny, Clarion.
  • Robotics could use a door to the morgue, to encourage the whole "god vs. machine" thing.
  • The clown hole is almost official-looking in terms of its position. Have it as this weird-sticky out bit that seems out of place with the square-aesthetic. Clowns are afterthoughts/squatters.

Messages In This Thread
Should I revive Butterfly? - by Erev - 07-11-2018, 08:50 PM
RE: Should I revive Butterfly? - by NateTheSquid - 07-11-2018, 09:07 PM
RE: Should I revive Butterfly? - by Frank_Stein - 07-11-2018, 09:08 PM
RE: Should I revive Butterfly? - by Technature - 07-11-2018, 11:39 PM
RE: Should I revive Butterfly? - by Eibel - 07-12-2018, 01:55 AM
RE: Should I revive Butterfly? - by Erev - 07-12-2018, 02:49 AM
RE: Should I revive Butterfly? - by Gannets - 07-12-2018, 04:12 AM
RE: Should I revive Butterfly? - by Kubius - 07-12-2018, 05:27 AM
RE: Should I revive Butterfly? - by Mordent - 07-12-2018, 06:24 AM
RE: Should I revive Butterfly? - by Dions - 07-12-2018, 11:18 AM
RE: Should I revive Butterfly? - by warcrimes - 07-12-2018, 11:23 AM