Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Post-Wizless RP: Let's have a Scary-Antag Role Whitelist
Im all for it, though if it's an application thing then i'd never sign up for it due to interview anxiety (Even if I WAS good at the game/roleplaying)
I like the idea of a whitelist for certain op antag types, and I also have the idea for having it for captain due to the role being taken by beginner rp'ers who often act like a staff assistant or just do not rp at all. I guess the same problem as with the traitors.

But at hte same time i am against the process being a hurdle, such as an application. I was told for months to apply for mentor and I avoided and dreaded it due to having to make an app.

IMO the process should be simple and have a low barrier for entry, but have just that: A Barrier so that fresh players do who do not yet know the culture of RP1 have a go and ruin a round and reputation of a role. Wizard rounds can be pure amazing in the right hands.

One idea ive had would be to have an in game vote or rep system similar to paradise. Right click someone, give karma. Someone gets enough RP karma and they get access.

But until that can be made, my top of the head idea is that established rp players can notify admins of a good rp'er via adminhelp or forums and give a recommendation for antag whitelist. Maybe mentors and whitelisted antags have a more of a say in those recommendations.

Also, i dont think we should make the antag whitelist to be super exclusive. Not every rp'er is as into it as many of our regulars and i still think new dudes deserve a shot at it. I feel the bare minimum for antag whitelist is not silently murderboning and/or starting the murder climax 10 minutes into a round. Murder Climaxes are amazing when there has been a build up.

And finally: We need a guide of do's and don'ts for Antag-ing on rp1. NOT a new set of strickt rules, but guidelines and advice.
Such as DO: Create a reason and background for why you want to murder or break the station. DONT: Start murdering right away.

DO: Try to make the death of your victim somewhat interesting. DONT: Dispose of the corpse in a way that makes them near impossible to recover, such as spacing or gibbing. Atleast give them a chance to be cloned or borget. This is double important for early murder.
Instead of a whitelist, why not just make it so you have to have at least 5 (or some number) rounds played to be picked as antag?
My only worry is that I play the game all the time but I'd never be able to play changeling in a fun way for everyone, maybe keep it to a hefty-ish amount of rounds to be safe
(06-15-2018, 03:14 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: Instead of a whitelist, why not just make it so you have to have at least 5 (or some number) rounds played to be picked as antag?

That would also be a good way to go about this.
(06-15-2018, 03:14 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: Instead of a whitelist, why not just make it so you have to have at least 5 (or some number) rounds played to be picked as antag?

I don't have strong feelings either for or against this, but i will warn that time spent doing something is in no way indicative of ability.  There's a number of horror stories in the ss13 community itself involving this idea (cough driggers cough)

This plus a policy of temporarilly antag-banning silent murderboners would essentially fix all the issues. If by your 6th round you havent figured it out, you get another week to learn the flow.

As someone who had an issue with that on server 1 when I first came from server 2 I think this is an elegant solution

(06-18-2018, 07:53 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: This plus a policy of temporarilly antag-banning silent murderboners would essentially fix all the issues. If by your 6th round you havent figured it out, you get another week to learn the flow.

Seems like a perfect solution if people still havent figured it out
Adding my vote to X-round minimum + antag banning shitters temporarily.
Yeah, I think handing out antag bans for shitters would work better since LLJK1 usually has admins on and roleplaying.
I agree with the idea of some round minimum. Admins can already roleban or whatnot, but that is a reactive solution. Having a proactive solution as well would help double up on preventing unarpeeish wizrounds.
15 rounds