Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Blob could use a rework or an overhaul
You'd need a different way of attaining evo points if you take out people absorbing, though.
(05-29-2018, 06:03 PM)Wire Wrote: You'd need a different way of attaining evo points if you take out people absorbing, though.

Maybe it can't digest brains or something
(05-29-2018, 06:03 PM)Wire Wrote: You'd need a different way of attaining evo points if you take out people absorbing, though.

I'm sure you could just have like, Evo point generating tiles. They'd just very slowly build up the points without doing anything else, making them high value targets and points of defense.

Another idea: Get rid of absorbtion all together.

Instead, make it so you can actually travel through blob tiles, albeit very slowly. While on the same tile as blob matter, you take burn damage and the blob accumulates points
Just spitballing some random ideas:

Remove insta-absorb, make the blob only able to absorb dead people slowly. They get an extra-thick prison tile to immobilize living people instead, which can be broken from the outside but not on the inside, and can later be upgraded to damage people inside.

Blobs start with all their unique defensive cells (plasma eating, anti poison, laser reflecting etc.) at a long cooldown/cost. When those cells absorb their respective weakness, they provide evo points.
(05-29-2018, 06:42 PM)Roomba Wrote: Blobs start with all their unique defensive cells (plasma eating, anti poison, laser reflecting etc.) at a long cooldown/cost. When those cells absorb their respective weakness, they provide evo points.

That's pretty interesting. You'd constantly have to evolve your defense to maximize Evo points, while your opponents have to do the same for their offense
Maybe the more tiles they have the faster they get points?
(05-29-2018, 06:23 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Instead, make it so you can actually travel through blob tiles, albeit very slowly. While on the same tile as blob matter, you take burn damage and the blob accumulates points

Idea: Unique blob tile, OR tile mechanics* that works like a conveyor belt, slowly moving incapacitated people towards specialized digestion tiles. At at high health you can move away easily, but since you are in the belly (or esophagus) of the beast you will take damage.

Green Health - fast enough to move out with relative ease
Yellow - You can still make it out but slower and thus taking more damage while trying to do so
Orange - You are now being sucked inwards slowly
Red/Crit - You can offer little to no resistance against the strong blob swallowing muscles

*As an alternate and potentially more coding intensive idea, what if any blob tile could move an entity trapped in it slowly towards the closest digestion tile via the same pathing mechanics as, say, beepsky summoning or the MULEbot? This would involve the implementation of Frank's idea of moving through any blob tile.

Additional thought: If moving through tiles becomes a thing it should absolutely do damage the more time you are in there, with an upgrade that has the capacity to ramp that damage up significantly.

Sorry to keep posting, but I really like the idea of blobs, and while I do enjoy their current iteration my imagination is running wild now.

An additional upgrade might be a fun idea- Sticky: Anyone attacking blob tiles with a melee weapon has a small (scaling with upgrade level) chance of dropping their held melee weapon IN the blob tile.
Starting to sound like VG in here but It works, maybe the nucleus would be used for absorbing them. Reinforced tiles cant be moved through, including the person being absorbed so there may be incentive to leave some open space
(05-31-2018, 08:03 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Maybe the nucleus would be used for absorbing them.

That's a pretty darn good idea. Means you'll have to place the nucleus in a location that is both defensible but allows good pathing for absorption. Also means you won't have to go searching for them nearly as much as someone will inevitably get led right to it before getting munched up.

Though, we could simplify the idea of conveyor belt tiles and just have that a mechanic of all blob tiles that you can move through will pull you towards the nearest nucleus

Oh, and I guess some blob tiles, shouldn't be traversable? I dunno. I guess a flame resistant or dense blob tile is supposed to act as a barrier, though I guess that forces people to either destroy it or take the damage to get around it, so I don't know which one is better