Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Poll: What bugs/balances are most critically needed?
I am curious as to what people think are the most broken parts of Goonstation right now. What negatively affects the round the most, in your opinion? Hopefully this topic can serve as a signpost to bored coders looking to tune things up.

I'll get started with what I think is the biggest, but also most intractable bug currently standing: repressurization. Once atmos is drained from an area, some glitch makes it nigh impossible to restore. Open all the high-capacity air canisters on the station and the pressure front will crawl forward for a while and then fade away into nothing, no matter how diligent you were in filling every hole and rebuilding every wall. Unfortunately this would be deep atmos work, a territory that eats coder sanity, so the bug stands uncontested today.
I think that the QM barcoder bug makes it extremely hard to play QM.
The bug where the QM barcode computer flips out and forces a hard reconnect.

Edit: I guess I'm not the only one who thought of this
QM Bug.

I don't think any other job is as potentially game breaking bug wise.

Atmos is pretty annoying too.
Is the QM bug widespread? I'm not able to replicate it yet.
(05-28-2018, 01:48 PM)Grayshift Wrote: Is the QM bug widespread? I'm not able to replicate it yet.

It happens to me with frustratingly high frequency.

I've had to stop using the QM barcode computer altogether because of it.
It's completely random from what I've seen.

Play QM long enough, it'll happen.

Makes selling to Merchants an exercise in frustration.
Well. I pushed a quick change reverting the window to old plain HTML - if anyone who experiences the bug can play a few rounds of QM to see if that fixes it, let me know.
i think the resistance % could looked at. even at high percentage (not 100%, around 60-80%) of cold or heat resistance you freeze or burn up almost instantly