Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major QM barcode console bugged as heck
So, the following happened when I tried to use the QM's barcode console:

First, the window said that Internet explorer had trouble connecting, so I had to reload the "page".

Next, when the window did load, I tried to scroll down to see the available traders, but then it started spazzing the heck out and I couldn't even reconnect via the ingame option, had to close the window and reload the game to fix it.

Seeing as how this is a major part of QM play, I'd say this is pretty major.

EDIT: Of course, the next time I tried it, it worked right away. Just my luck.
I see the reload page most times I use the console the first time in a round. Exit -> Reconnect fixes it usually. I'd speculate the console keeps trying to 'steal' window focus. Overall pretty annoying and probably confusing to newer players.
The times I see that page, I just click on the item that generated the window again and it opens properly.
If they gave the QM console the same sort of look as the regular barcode console, but just taller to accomodate trader barcodes, it would probably solve these problems (probably).
Yeah this happens to me too and it's pretty infuriating when it occurs.
Quote:Yeah this happens to me too and it's pretty infuriating when it occurs.

Yeah, when you got something that needs to be done but have to reconnect and wait for 30 seconds... Sure, a BYOND membership alleviates this, but that isn't the sort of thing that should be required just to make a bug less infuriating.
This bug still exists and it seems to happen a LOT, if not every time, on cog1.
I can't reproduce this, but I've made the QM barcode computer less fancy to see if this fixes the issue for anyone having it. Any success?